NHS Staff discount

Options
Does anyone know if you get discount in the high street just by showing your badge?

I was in Dorothy Perkins the other day and heard a customer asking if she can get discount as she was a teacher when the cashier said no the customer said that NHS staff can get it so why can't teachers.

I didn't know NHS staff can do this, is this correct????

Comments

• vickyjayne
    Options
    yes it is true, my mother works for the nhs and has discount in outfit so it would in dorothy perkins as that is part of outfit. She shows them her badge with her photo on.
    Think it is 10% off even off sale items
    Will ask her what other shops it works in as im sure there are more.
    :T started comping 2009:T
  • BLUis
    BLUis Posts: 773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work in the NHS and just show my badge to get discount. As the previous poster already said, if you log on to nhsdiscounts.com there is a full list, but you will need an nhs email address to activate your account on there.

HTH
    Married the absolute love of my life on Sunday May 6th and I couldnt be happier!!!
  • fedupconsumer
    Options
    Benson wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get discount in the high street just by showing your badge?

I was in Dorothy Perkins the other day and heard a customer asking if she can get discount as she was a teacher when the cashier said no the customer said that NHS staff can get it so why can't teachers.

Because teachers are not considered emergency services , on the point of NHS discounts are they offered to all employees of the health service inluding porters and non medical staff?
  • welsh_cake
    Options
    Because teachers are not considered emergency services , on the point of NHS discounts are they offered to all employees of the health service inluding porters and non medical staff?
    Yes it is everyone. As long as you have an ID badge.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go. :A
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    best of all is 20% off nandos!!
    :beer:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 402 Forumite
    Options
    OMG i didn't know about Nandos, I go there all the time!!!

Will have to sort my NHS email out, i never use it but if it lets me onto NHS discounts its worth it!!!

Thanks Guys!

Any more stores you know about feel free to post them!!! Things are lovely and tight in the run upto Xmas so every little bit helps!

xx
  • sarahlou83_2
    Options
    brill thanks for this - im a receptionist in a hospital...just signed up for the discounts :beer:
  • tigerlily
    tigerlily Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    Pizza hut do an NHS discount aswell........luckily there is one right by the hospital I work in!!
    Brantanos do aswell apparently although I have never used it there.
    Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!
    :jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!
  • freebiequennie
    Options
    yep regular nandos diner!! some will let you have 20% off all the meals you buy usually just 3 or 4 of us anyway, some will only let you have it off your own meal as they have had incidences where 20-30 people go in and only one or two work for nhs and then expect 20% off whole lots!!
  • miggiwoo
    miggiwoo Posts: 580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Benson wrote: »
    OMG i didn't know about Nandos, I go there all the time!!!

Will have to sort my NHS email out, i never use it but if it lets me onto NHS discounts its worth it!!!

Thanks Guys!

Any more stores you know about feel free to post them!!! Things are lovely and tight in the run upto Xmas so every little bit helps!

xx[/quotAlso , Dominos pizzas do a 50 % (yes 50 !!) for collections .

have been using this for last couple of years
    The truth shall set you free.....................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure