Options
    Oh dear

devilmaycare user_offline.gif
    PPR
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Despite the disruptive efforts of a certain person on here this afternoon (who now seems to have been forcibly ejected!) I have still managed to read the posts of the more helpful people. I have also visited the CAB who were lovely and very understanding. I know how Im going to proceed with my claim and they will either reinstate my benefit or not but I know I have depression and I will also visit my own gp this week to get his opinion.

Whatever happens, thanks to those of you who tried to help!

PS I'll be interested in anyone else who has used www.benefitsandwork.co.uk and found them to be useful.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you're still with us beachbeth! ;)

I know several people that use benefitsandwork, but I wouldn't personally as the idea of taking money off people looking for help with benefits leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You are clearly an intelligent person, so I would say that, with support and advice from CAB, MSE etc, you shouldn't need to pay for extra assistance.

I have successfully applied for IB and DLA for mental health problems without any assistance, so it can be done. I am not overly familiar with the appeals process, but if you need any help with wording etc, feel free to PM me x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Neillgb
    Neillgb Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    savemoney wrote: »
    Oh dear

devilmaycare user_offline.gif
    PPR

Oh dear indeed.

And yet when a poster suggests that benefits claimants should make sure that they are '.....really honest and descriptive about their WORST days' in order to 'get past' the points system the posts are allowed and, seemingly, no one reports them.
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Neillgb wrote: »
    Oh dear indeed.

And yet when a poster suggests that benefits claimants should make sure that they are '.....really honest and descriptive about their WORST days' in order to 'get past' the points system the posts are allowed and, seemingly, no one reports them.

When this comes up myself and a few others post to say people should not describe their worst day only but how things usually are for them.
  • tom9980
    tom9980 Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Neillgb wrote: »
    Oh dear indeed.

Which is why this is then told to the OP of such a thread
    healy wrote: »
    When this comes up myself and a few others post to say people should not describe their worst day only but how things usually are for them.

Also Neillgb please understand many people with disabilities have adapted to an illness or problem so actually do not even realise that the life they are leading is very different from an ordinary person or worse are so embarrassed about elements of their condition (like a poster last week) so often neglect to provide information that is actually relevant to a claim. This is not about lying to get IB or DLA it is about giving all information to a Decision maker however trivial it seems.

If you feel a post is innapropriate or is suggesting someone commit fraud then report it.
    When using the housing forum please use the sticky threads for valuable information.
  • sakara
    sakara Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Contact Welfare Rights at your local council. They will make a report on an average full day for you and take over the appeal so you wont have to deal with it. There are more cases re instated by using WR than any other and as for paying £18.95 WR is free.

good luck

Hello
    I too am in a similar postion to the OP and have been searching on local council site for information of this 'Welfare Rights' and so far have found nothing! Is it a England thing only? as i am from Wales and i know some things run differently. it would be helpful to have as much help as possible along with the CAB when getting info and help for my appeal.
    otherwise...the usful help on this thread has been of great help to me.
  • Hello Sakara,

Welfare rights are normally part of your County Council.
    What Council and County Council do you come under?
    You can pm me, and I'll have a look for you,

Munchie :D
  • sakara
    sakara Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou, ive pmd you. I'd be under Cardiff Council.

Im wanting to appeal against stopage of IB...i have fibromyalgia and i knew as soon as i went into the meeting i had a bad feeling about it. the 'doctor' just blew off my condition and never once asked the actual questions needed. Those i know i answered one way have the complete opposite answer on the form! furious is not the word id use right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure