They've Stopped my Incapacity Benefit!

Options

Comments

• Contact Welfare Rights at your local council. They will make a report on an average full day for you and take over the appeal so you wont have to deal with it. There are more cases re instated by using WR than any other and as for paying £18.95 WR is free.

good luck
    Wow, I got 3 *, when did that happen :j:T:p
    It is not illegal to open another persons mail unless you intend to commit fraud - this is frequently incorrectly posted:)
    I live in my head - I find it's safer there:p
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I assume you haven't had depression?

DLA is about the care and support that you need due to being unwell. From what the OP has said, they need support and encouragement to do everyday tasks such as, for instance, reading.

yes dmg24 I've had depression for over 20 years on and off. It was more extreme after I had my first born, when my 2nd was born my pnd was bordering on the extreme psychosis. When I had my 3rd 15 months after my 2nd, well you can imagine the state I was in.

I did get bouts of it now and again and the way I deal with it is to set my alarm form 4.30am and get up and go to work.

It works for me cos I enjoy my job and I look forward to going in. Beats sitting around the house all day cos then I start to feel sorry for myself and the dark clouds soon start appearing...

Sue
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    yes dmg24 I've had depression for over 20 years on and off. It was more extreme after I had my first born, when my 2nd was born my pnd was bordering on the extreme psychosis. When I had my 3rd 15 months after my 2nd, well you can imagine the state I was in.

I did get bouts of it now and again and the way I deal with it is to set my alarm form 4.30am and get up and go to work.

It works for me cos I enjoy my job and I look forward to going in. Beats sitting around the house all day cos then I start to feel sorry for myself and the dark clouds soon start appearing...

Sue

Whilst that may work for you, it clearly doesn't for the OP. Therefore I'm not sure how you feel your posts are helpful to beachbeth? She is here for support, not to be told to get back to work.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Neillgb
    Neillgb Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options

Sue

Excellent post!!!!

Pleased things are working out for you.

Perhaps an inspiration for others..............
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Neillgb wrote: »
    Excellent post!!!!

Pleased things are working out for you.

Perhaps an inspiration for others..............

I too am very glad that welshmoneylover is able to cope with her depression through working but this is NOT the answer for everybody suffering from depression and in fact it can be can be very counterproductive to tell people to 'pull themselves together' when they are suffering.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    I am speechless!!

More so that you and your wife are that greedy for money you are prepared to do this. This has nothing to do with what you are owed more to do with your shallow and wanton greed.

I actually feel desperately sorry for you as it just goes to show how pathetic and shallow you and your wife really are. Lets just hope that nothing happens to you or your wife along the way in life and then when you have a need to claim your lies catch up with you.
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Plainly any meaningful test for ANY mental condition requires an expert assessment (NOT A GP). Unfortunately there is a huge amount of prejudice against mental illness and this is not helped by the fact that many are inappropriately ashamed of admitting they have a mental problem.

I presume that you have sought help in medication, cognitive therapy etc. Just as a person who breaks his leg has a responsibility to mend it and take care of it so does a person with depression, or any other mental problem. Too many people get depressed and then give up all hope. I am not suggesting that you do this but people do.

Certainly you should appeal or better still go to a private psychiatrists and get a report on your mental health... His report will ‘Trump’ that of a poorly qualified person such as a GP. (Yes you read right... A GP IS NOT QUALIFIED to make the assessment.

As an aside do you know that mental illness is almost unheard of in developing world? People who are concerned with finding the next meal tend not to have the time to be so self indulgent. In the modern world with all the Satellite TV, Computers, Mobile phones and junk food we have millions suffering ‘depression’... Fancy, not being able to read a book... you poor thing.... Do you think if your child had just stood on a land mine you would worry about such things? Do you think you might be a tad self indulgent with your panic attacks?

The other problem I forgot to mention about metal illness is that people with real illness, such as Bi-Polar disorder etc are constantly undermined by others who claim to be ‘depressed’ or ‘stressed’...

A few years back I decided to see if I could claim long term IB. Not only did I have no idea how easy it was but also for how long I could do it. I know how these idiots work so the night before my assessment I drank ¾ a bottle of whisky. In the morning I did not shave and chain smoked 8 cigarettes just before going in. The effect was that I looked a mess; hands were shaking so I could not even sign my name. The GP immediately concluded I was depressed and I was given IB. I had a few follow up appointments and the GP was seriously worried about my severe weight fluctuations... I managed that by weighting myself on some visits and not on others. The GP concluded I was off my food or back on it... depending...

I was on IB for 8 years. Once every year the doctor was asked for an update and I took a day off work (I worked for myself as a plumber) and used the same trick... The GP was easy to fool. I suggest next time you look up the symptoms of Depression and fake them... That way you can continue to get your hand outs with no issue. I did it and I have never been depressed a day in my life.... Why would I be... The state gives me loads of money for nothing.

Only 3 months ago I had to stop claiming. It was simply getting too hard to conceal my income which has been in excess of £100k for many years.

My philosophy is this. Why should I pay 5 times the income tax than most and get nothing back? I worked out that I have over 8 years managed to reclaim about £75k in benefits. I even managed to get a Blue Badge for the car and my Mrs to claim Care Allowance.... I make no apology for this.. Why should it be the scroungers who get all the cash handouts?.. Why not for a change let the people who underpin the state with their huge tax bills get a few bob.

I shall be re-applying for IB next year as I have now set up a company to hide my income.

I hope this is helpful

This is a very bizarre post.

First of all you are critical of people who are ill and claim benefit. One point on that - people do not choose to have panic attacks.

Then you say you have committed long term benefit fraud and that is ok!

I think your post needs to be removed, I am reporting it.
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Respectfully, although you disagree with my comments they are not in breach of any guidelines. As for chosing to have panic attacks... To some extent they do. People allow themselves to be weak. Just like some people show grief and such like in public. The lower orders tend to indulge their primitive feelings. So I just say so.

You are talking rubbish.
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    Heres an Idea. Why don't you f*** off and go bother someone else.

Unfortuntely I read you post about 'scroungers' getting everything. My husband pays tax and NI, as do I yet my son gets DLA and I get carers. Are we scroungers too?

You might think you are better than everyone else but you are a fraudster. Your comments inciting people to commit fraud are not welcome on this thread so go crawl back under the stone you live under.

PS. Are you on a day off or on your lunch hour from your 100k pa job?.....
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    Why? Did you not realise some people claim IB when they should not? Is the fact that they do this what (that) makes you speechless or the fact that I freely admit it?

No, the fact that one hand you are complain too much tax but yet you are claiming IB fraudulently. Maybe if people did not commit benefit fraud then you would not be paying too much Tax. You can have your IB as you are clearly a clueless moron without more than half a brain.

Good luck to you. Let's hope that you and your wife do not genuinely need such services in the future...... your fraud is making a mockery of those that are actually ill. You should be ashamed of yourself but you clearly are not and this is why I am speechless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure