Icesave Veterans Association

Options

Comments

• amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    djc1973 wrote: »
    Let you off just this once, yeah its David.

35 years old? ;)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • Tibbledom
    Options
    Vast majority of Icesave customers offered compensation, but more work to do, says FSCS (28 November)

The vast majority of Icesave customers have now been offered the opportunity to claim their cash back online from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, after their internet bank was declared in default on 8 October.

In addition, the FSCS has sent application forms to just under 16,000 people who did not have nominated linked accounts at Icesave. The FSCS has already received close to 8,000 completed forms back and these are being processed as a matter of priority.

FSCS confirmed there are a number of customers that have not yet been sent a second email or an application form and these are now receiving special attention.

"We've offered compensation to the vast majority of Icesave customers through the electronic process over the last three weeks, and are really pleased that nearly 150,000 people have already completed the online process, but there is more work to do" says FSCS Chief Executive Loretta Minghella."

"We may have reached the vast majority but we are keen to help all Icesave customers. We know that those still waiting for a second email will be anxious to know what is happening, and we will continue sending out emails over the weekend. We are planning to publish another update for customers early next week to explain to them what they should do next if they haven't had their second email or an application form by then."

At the same time, FSCS is encouraging people who have received their second emails but not yet claimed their compensation to go online to complete the process, which only takes a few minutes. Once completed, the money is transferred using BACS and will arrive in their nominated accounts within five working days.

So far, the FSCS has signed off transfers of more than £2.6bn through BACS to the nominated accounts of Icesave customers while fixed term accounts totaling almost £0.45bn are being held to maturity at the election of the customers concerned.

There will be a full progress report published on the website next week.

MSE. Abandon hope all ye who enter here :D
  • djc1973
    djc1973 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    amistupid wrote: »
    35 years old? ;)

Flippin eck that was a secret don't give it away!!

Money arrived back today by the way, just the small matter of the ISA cert now and I can banish Icesave from my life forever!
  • oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone else play computer Hearts between posts? I can't seem to get above 31% wins. Very annyoying.

Really nice to see people warming to the new camp - I certainly feel very at home already.

We must all feel free to post on whatever topics seem foremost in our minds (not just savings related, though I think a lot will be); be it whether to buy our new bicycle clips from Halfords or Evans Cycles, whether our teenage sons are working hard enough for their A Levels (as in my case - Grrrr), the weather, how Golf Accessories sales are going, etc.

Welcome one and all!
  • amistupid
    Options
    SacMac wrote: »
    :eek: Just read the last few posts on the other thread. :eek: Who was that plonker?

Well I only know 3 Doc Martins
    1. A rude and bad tempered TV character
    2. Footwear used as weapons by skinheads
    3. dog medication.

Take your pick they're are all quite irritating. :D
  • Icesaver
    Icesaver Posts: 324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Icesaver just in from work and reporting for duty.

Managed to find the new home but had to avoid being trampled on by an oversized pair of DM boots.

Just about to tentatively check Bank account as I see some of Tuesday's claimants have been compensated.
  • amistupid
    Options
    oql61 wrote: »
    Does anyone else play computer Hearts

What is it a dating site? ;)
  • Pitlanepiglet
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, it's going great here...money still hasn't made it to my bank account, initiated the transfer on Wednesday so I guess it was wishful thinking....

Found out yesterday my department is being targeted for redundancies....:(
    Piglet

Decluttering - 127/366

Digital/emails/photo decluttering - 5432/2024
  • oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    amistupid wrote: »
    What is it a dating site? ;)

:rotfl: :heart2: :rotfl: :heart2:
  • amistupid
    Options
    oql61 wrote: »
    our teenage sons are working hard enough for their A Levels (as in my case - Grrrr),

What a horrid time to be a parent, "A" level time. I wore out 3 good leather belts on my two before self motivation took over :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport