Icesave Veterans Association

Options

Comments

• janlaine
    Options
    Nagiw wrote: »
    Beans and red for me too! I think you'll find the 57 goes well with beans.;)

Ah yes - that would be much better than the Appellation Aldi
  • Icesaver
    Options
    casabiosca wrote: »
    Why does ICICI's HiSave account sound almost exactly like Icesave?
    Don't make me shiver brrrrr
  • Tibbledom
    Options
    Why does ICICI's HiSave account sound almost exactly like Icesave?

No I think there's a clear difference :D
    MSE. Abandon hope all ye who enter here :D
  • Implicateorder
    Options
    Bank of Nilrem has a certain gravitas to it.
    Can we set up our own?;)
    Every rule has an exception.......:rolleyes2
  • oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, again!

Phew that was a close one, hopefully never again.

Onwards and upwards, i think is appropriate, this A.A. internet saver appears useful.

http://www.theaa.com/savings/savings_calculator.jsp

Yes, it was! Apparently, according to Martin, the rate's gone down to 4.53%. :mad:
  • Icesaver
    Options
    Icesaver signing off for the night. Duly chastised for mentioning boobies. Will wash mouth out with soap before retiring and promises to use phrases such as ladylike charms or assets in future. :-)
  • oql61
    Options
    Tibbledom wrote: »
    You won't believe this but it's Dominic Minghella who it turns out is Loretta's brother, as we know from earlier that Loretta is the sister of Anthony Minghella the film director and it says Anthony and Dominic are brothers. :D
    quote]

God, don't you just hate over-achieving families!?
  • oql61
    Options

I was thinking.. (oh yes I can!). If we as a group put all our funds into the same financial institution, it would be bound to fail, then we could have all the fun with the FSCS again. Rather like the Icesave Veterans Hedge Fund.
    Any ideas?

That went down like a lead balloon! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • jennifernil
    Options
    How is everyone getting on with actually getting the cash in their accounts?

DD and I claimed on the 25th, money arrived in our accounts in the early hours today (28th). Now waiting for our ISA certificates. Has anyone any news on these?

DD has opened new fixed rate ISA with Scarborough BS, but issue is now closed so she has to have money and certificate with them by 15th December. It is not looking hopeful.
  • nicky_boo
    Options
    Hi all,

So I am one of the veterans then. Thanks amistupid.

But it is not all done and dusted yet, at least for me. There must be others like me in this thread whose fixed terms accounts mature before Christmas and who are wondering when they will get the forms, how long it will actually take to get the cheque, if it will all go smoothly etc... Can you let us know if any of you is on the same boat please?

I wonder if there will be people who will blame me for being greedy etc... Hope not, but there seems to be some hostility in the forums, don't understand why...

BTW, hasn't nilrem jumped threads yet or should I change my username to amiblind?

Take care all...
    nicky_boo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family