Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• counterfeit
    Options
    scratchin wrote: »
    I think the closing date was 10th August. I applied around the same time as you and got the phone call today inviting me to the tests/interview next Monday.
    The South Yorkshire one I did was an online test, then the interview a few weeks later. But the West Yorkshire ones are on the same day. Does anyone know if these are for the same position as they are both AO's but I know some AO's work behind the scenes and some in an actual job centre?

Good luck.

These AO jobs in West Yorkshire are actually on the desks in JCP.

I can't believe how quickly they have turned these around.
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    scratchin wrote: »
    I think the closing date was 10th August. I applied around the same time as you and got the phone call today inviting me to the tests/interview next Monday.
    The South Yorkshire one I did was an online test, then the interview a few weeks later. But the West Yorkshire ones are on the same day. Does anyone know if these are for the same position as they are both AO's but I know some AO's work behind the scenes and some in an actual job centre?

Good luck.

I applied for the EO West Yorkshire District - did you apply for that as well as the AO?
  • jessbob
    Options
    For the West Yorkshire vacancies, is there no on line test, as the application form is the competency based one, and not the same as the South Yorkshire one?

Just found out that the closing date for the EO was the 11th August. Telephoned Newcastle, as I had not received the automated acknowledgement when I submitted the application, which I normally do. they checked and confirmed they had received my application, and would be processed shortly.
  • scratchin
    scratchin Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    I applied for the EO West Yorkshire District - did you apply for that as well as the AO?

I just applied for the AO positions in both South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
    I know quite a few people who have gone through the application process, including my brothers and my mum and it does seem I'm the only one who did an online test, even though some people I know also applied for the South Yorkshire. Maybe they were just trying it out for a period of time.
  • venus_in_furs
    venus_in_furs Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    Scratchin- How do they check when you do the online test that it is really you taking the test? Was there any procedure for this? I mean, it sounds like someone could get a person to take the test for them if they wanted?!!
    "You dont need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"
  • counterfeit
    Options
    they could indeed Venus.
  • mandiemoomin
    Options
    Hi wondering if anyone will know the answer to this. I have recently transferred from another government department to DWP EO Grade, on a 18 mth fixed term contract. If i get pregnant will I be covered for full maternity pay. I have had 8 years continuous service. Any help greatly appreciated, i dont want to ask my line manager incase she assumes i am pregnant and thinks its cheeky with only just going there ???
  • jessbob
    Options
    Had a call from JCP this afternoon regarding the interviews for Leeds AO positions.

Told them that I now had a success letter for the South Yorks AO positions, but asked if the EO West Yorkshire interviews (IRC 62053) had yet been organised. They told me that these had not been sorted out as yet until the AO interviews had taken place.

If any of you have applied for IRC 62053 and receive a request to attend interview, would you let me know, and then I can chase them to see whether I am still on their list. Worries me that if they have taken me off the AO list, then they may also delete me from the EO:confused::confused:
  • counterfeit
    Options
    hmm - interesting one that. I have a letter about the EO job telling me I will be getting an interview but the AO interviews are next week, so I guess I won't hear about an interview date for a while
  • jessbob
    Options
    hmm - interesting one that. I have a letter about the EO job telling me I will be getting an interview but the AO interviews are next week, so I guess I won't hear about an interview date for a while

Was you letterr for the EO IRC 62053 which had a closing date of the 11th August?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure