Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• shobs4803
    shobs4803 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Questions to do with leadership, professional service, motivating and capability... but its the way they were asked was confusing....I'll have to wait and see...time to start looking again!!
  • SAGZ
    SAGZ Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    what time is your interview ? Do you have to take the numeracy & literacy tests, or are you going straight for interview?

My interview is at 1.30pm. I don't have to take the tests (I passed these a while ago, when I applied for an AO position).
  • thunderb0lt
    Options
    the 10am slot was just six of us but i guessed we shouldnt be more than 30 candidates from the list i saw. Interview is 26th august

Cheers

hmm find it a little weird that they are still doing testing and interviews for this. My interview was on the 10th. I guess I will have to wait until this current batch of interviews are other before I hear anything..not sure...
  • budsmc
    Options
    Hi

This question is for people who have been succesful in their EO Interviews Can you please give me an idea of what exmaples you used many thanks .ps please PM Me.
  • habs202
    Options
    I have an interview in a couple of days for an AO position. I have been sent a document with a list of competencies but each one has about ten points. In my answers for the questions does my example have to hit every point and if not how many do you think.

Also the points for each competency are split up into three groups but each group is pretty different to the others within the same competency. How do I come up with an example for each competency even though the points are so different.

Thanks
  • Slitty
    Slitty Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2009 at 6:51PM
    Options
    habs202 wrote: »
    I have an interview in a couple of days for an AO position. I have been sent a document with a list of competencies but each one has about ten points. In my answers for the questions does my example have to hit every point and if not how many do you think.

Also the points for each competency are split up into three groups but each group is pretty different to the others within the same competency. How do I come up with an example for each competency even though the points are so different.

Thanks

What I did was write up some notes for each competency that I could take into the interview - Notes are allowed, just try not to read directly from them all the time. Use them only as a reference and a panic button if you get tounge-tied. Maximum 1-2 pages in total otherwise you'll just get lost in text.

For each competency I tried to think up an example(or two) from work or life in general that applies to as many of the bullet points as possible. I wrote down the key elements of the situation that fitted the competency points and arranged it all in the STAR format. When you answer a question, try and reply in this fashion.

S - Situation - what happened, what was the problem?
    T - Task - what did you need to do?
    A - Action - what did you do?
    R - Result - what was the outcome of the action you took? What did you learn? What would you do differently?

You don't have to cover every single competency point - but try and cover what you feel are the most important parts. You may find that by relaxing and just talking through a couple of main points that you inadvertently cover more than you realise. For one question I ended up using an example I had noted down for a different competency because it was more relevant to the actual question I was asked.

Think about the questions you might be asked - Such as "Can you describe a time when you had to deal with change?". Go through answering it in your head. Keep your answers clear and to the point. I didn't talk for very long, my interviews were only about 15minutes.

This really helped me a lot and I just found out I was ranked second applicant overall of a very large interview batch :D. I think a lot of people go in very unprepared so you should do fine!

Best of luck!
  • Divinelistic
    Options
    hmm find it a little weird that they are still doing testing and interviews for this. My interview was on the 10th. I guess I will have to wait until this current batch of interviews are other before I hear anything..not sure...

O i c....i missed the call for invitation initially but was told when i called them back that i will be invited if the first batch of pple are thru.am really surprised that you guys are yet to get a feedback....hmmmm...anyways how was the interview and where was it?
  • thunderb0lt
    Options
    O i c....i missed the call for invitation initially but was told when i called them back that i will be invited if the first batch of pple are thru.am really surprised that you guys are yet to get a feedback....hmmmm...anyways how was the interview and where was it?

Well this excercise is for a London wide recruitment so interviews were being held at the district location closest to you. I had mine at Manpower, Liverpool Street. Lit/Num testing was held at the Novotell Hotel in Kings Cross.

As for the interview you can never really tell. I just hope I did well enough. It's been two weeks today since the interview. Here's to hoping!
  • jules-syorks1
    Options
    I was successful for the AO position in East Midlands and Sheffiled and have been offered a post at Mansfield Delivery Office to start on the 7th September has anyone else been offered a position here or does anyone know what it is like? thanks
  • Divinelistic
    Options
    Well this excercise is for a London wide recruitment so interviews were being held at the district location closest to you. I had mine at Manpower, Liverpool Street. Lit/Num testing was held at the Novotell Hotel in Kings Cross.

As for the interview you can never really tell. I just hope I did well enough. It's been two weeks today since the interview. Here's to hoping!

lets c how it goes...fingers crossed.since u r based in london u might as well apply for thr new EO positions posted on thier website yday....i applied but am yet to get a notification.will keep u posted on wed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure