We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Job Interview with DWP

Comments

• GalaxyRYZ
    GalaxyRYZ Posts: 13 Forumite
    on no thats a shame...but yep gud idea to apply again if it comes up. im thinking along the same lines if i fail my interview which is in a couple of days. did they give you any feedback as to why you didnt get it?
  • pk57_2
    pk57_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    You have to send a letter for feedback which I have done no reply as yet.
  • i went for the interview today and i don't really think i convinced them because on 2 of my questions they asked me loads of follow up questions and sometimes they mis interpreted what i was telling them eventhough i tried to clear the mis interpretations up i dont no whether i was any good.

i fought back my nerves and feeling of nausea but i hope i didnt over do my acting and come across too over confident that would not be good. i managed to answer the other two questions well so i can't really judge it.

i just wanted to say thanks for everyones help and im likely to find the results out in about a month depending on the situation at head office so i will let you know what happens.
  • Hello just wanted to let everyone no i recieved a letter today from DWP (so only had to wait 6 days for a response which is fantastic since they gave me a time frame of four weeks).

It says that i was successful in the interview (YAY!!) and will now be put on a waiting list for 12months but there is no guarantee of a job...which i was abit suprised by but im just hoping that i get a call soon.

But i wanted to say thank you to all those who advised me and told me to stay calm.i really appreciate all your help it means a lot.
  • sportfan
    sportfan Posts: 197 Forumite
    I've passed the selection tests and have interview coming up for AO!

Can anyone help by telling me a few tips/questions in interview?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
  • sportfan
    sportfan Posts: 197 Forumite
    Can anyone help with the interview with DWP for AO post? Has anyone taken it and been there? please help me and share your experiences and questions you were asked!?

Please?

I really need to do well at this interview and need the job !! plz anyone?
  • janet37
    janet37 Posts: 50 Forumite
    hi sportfan I am the same as you passed tests and now panicking about the interveiw!!! my interveiw is Friday 13TH!!!
  • I was asked

Give me a example of how you dealt with a difficult customer.

Tell me about a time you worked successfully as part of a team.

hope this helps will try remmber what else I was asked.
    best of luck.
    World of Warcraft Widow No 1
  • i have an interview for EO on Monday! i have never done a competency based interview before and am very panicked. I have been looking at the competencies and each one includes several bullet points. Do i answer them all in one question? how is the whole thing set up? :confused: can see myself rambling already!
  • janet37
    janet37 Posts: 50 Forumite
    I have an interveiw on friday and I Haven't got a clue really!!! first interveiw for twenty years o my god!! I keep writing things down but like you I think I could ramble on a bit!! and I read somewhere that they also do a role play telephone conversation has any one got any adcice on this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.