Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• babs2008
    babs2008 Posts: 576 Forumite
    Options
    Corky7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope you get the job babs2008! I have my interview this weekend so just doing some prep work!!
    Any tips or advice for my interview??

Good luck for the interview.

There's been some good tips on this thread.

I always say just be yourself, make a good first impression and be open and friendly.

Make sure you know everything (or as much as you can) about the job and the company (they like to see you've done some research), and try to predict the questions the may ask.

Try not to worry about nerves. The interviewers expect you to be nervous. They're not there to be nasty or challenging, they want to meet you and see what you can offer them and how you will fit with the company.

Let your personality shine through. It's not always the most qualified person that gets the job - it's the one they can see will fit in.

And, if you don't get the job, dont be disheartened. You'll find you are more suited somewhere else. You may not even want the job after meeting the people and seeing the company.
    Looking forward to the future.
  • corriefan
    Options
    I had an interview with DWP 2 weeks ago and this week have received a letter offering a place on a waiting list for the position, any one have experience of this and can give me more information please
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks babs2008

Can anyone remember the questions they were asked on each of the competencies??
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty much close to the examples that you get in the letter you're sent for your interview.
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Conor wrote: »
    Pretty much close to the examples that you get in the letter you're sent for your interview.

Conor,

I was sent details of 4 competencie areas they would be asking questions on which were..

Building Constructive Working Relationships

Engaging Effectively with Customers

Improving Performance

Making the best use of Resources

but no example questions??

Have you an idea of what them questions were?

Cheers (I really need this job!!!!!!)
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They don't ask questions as such, they might for example ask for an example Improved performance within a team, they would expect oyu to describe it in full including how you communicated with people what the outcome was etc, they would only ask follow up questions if you didn't tell them what they want to hear.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    corriefan wrote: »
    I had an interview with DWP 2 weeks ago and this week have received a letter offering a place on a waiting list for the position, any one have experience of this and can give me more information please

It means it could take some time before you are offered a post, this is not because they are waiting for a vacancy but more likely because they take some time to complete security checks upon you and get all the paperwork in place to enable you to start. At the moment there are some easements in the recruitment process so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Pep1
    Pep1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    sammyjammy wrote: »
    It means it could take some time before you are offered a post, this is not because they are waiting for a vacancy but more likely because they take some time to complete security checks upon you and get all the paperwork in place to enable you to start. At the moment there are some easements in the recruitment process so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
    Actually this can mean they are waiting for a vacancy as they do this if they have more successful applicants than they have vacancies at present. They also do this when they are awaiting the funding for recruiting (i.e. New budget) and when they are waiting for dates for a new entrant training course (depending on what job it is and how much training might be involved).
    If you have had a successful interview and are on the waiting list you stand a good chance of being offered a post. The amount of staff they require depends on the amount of people signing on and that figure is increasing as more people are facing redundancy everyday.
    However as they have not made a definite job offer if you are offered a job by anyone else you should take it. You can always leave if/when DWP make an offer.

Wish you good luck with this, don't forget to post to let us know how you get on.
  • Pep1
    Pep1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    There is another forum re people on DWP waiting list that you might find interesting

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1380533&highlight=dwp+interview
  • corriefan
    corriefan Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I received a health and character decleration to complete just before xmas have returned it, one of my personal references has contacted me as they have received a form to complete
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure