PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breadmaking - recipes, hints, tips, questions

Options

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice site. I'll add it to the collection later, thank you :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    lyns wrote:

Just found this site www.bakingmad.com sorry if its already listed on here

Ooooh that's a good site!

(Dan De Gustibus!!! :rotfl: )
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• elvis_bloggs
    Options
    Thanks lyns, I've bookmarked it for future reference. 1a_y_smile.gif

• Curry_Queen
    Options
    lyns wrote:
    Just found this site www.bakingmad.com sorry if its already listed on here

Oh my!!! ... I really shouldn't have clicked on that site :eek: :drool:

Think I better go stick several more bags of flour on my shopping list :dance: :D

Diet??? ... what diet??? :whistle: :doh:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Allexie
    Options
    Oh dear...another little.... ermm...'incident' :rotfl:

Cinnamon and raisin bread this time and I missed the beeps to tell me when to put the raisins in! The thing had stopped chugging, (only just though). Didn't know what to do so I just chucked the raisins in quick-like and gave the dough a quick stir, shut the lid and crossed my fingers. Am I in for another disaster? Is the timing for adding stuff absolutely critical?

This BM is gonna have me on tranquillisers, (or cooking sherry), at this rate! icon9.gif

• 1sttimer_2
    Options
    Hope this is ok to post here.

I have a machine and I like it fine (Xmas pressie 2003) but I find that most of my bread has a similar flavour. I have lots of recipes and use them plenty, but I still like to buy 'other' breads just for a change of taste. Does anyone else do this?

Don't get me wrong, I use it loads for 'different' loaves still and whatever you make you can't escape the wonderful smell you get when it's done.
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Allexie:

Nah - the sultanas will all be more or less in one place, that's all. If you slice it at funny angles you might still get one sultana per slice - and a hundred in the last one :)

Next time it happens - as long as you aren't too long after the beep and it has stopped chugging - just lift the dough out and roughly flatten it on a board, spread the sultanas on it and fold and work them in. When they're spread well enough put the dough back in the machine.

:)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1sttimer wrote:
    Hope this is ok to post here.

I have a machine and I like it fine (Xmas pressie 2003) but I find that most of my bread has a similar flavour. I have lots of recipes and use them plenty, but I still like to buy 'other' breads just for a change of taste. Does anyone else do this?

Don't get me wrong, I use it loads for 'different' loaves still and whatever you make you can't escape the wonderful smell you get when it's done.
    Yep, though rarely. It's usually french sticks I buy... but now I've got two recipes for baguettes so I'm going to give those a go :)
  • Allexie
    Options
    squeaky wrote:
    Allexie:

Nah - the sultanas will all be more or less in one place, that's all. If you slice it at funny angles you might still get one sultana per slice - and a hundred in the last one :)

Next time it happens - as long as you aren't too long after the beep and it has stopped chugging - just lift the dough out and roughly flatten it on a board, spread the sultanas on it and fold and work them in. When they're spread well enough put the dough back in the machine.

:)

I'll have you know, Mr Squeaks, that my fruit is very evenly distributed through my very yummy loaf! So....

smilies-29407.png

I was alarmed to see that the top had collapsed a bit and I expected it to be very 'doughy' but when I cut into it...it was fine! Abso-blooming-lutely-luvverly happydance.gif

• squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LOL :)

It's a cracking good loaf. Great toasted in the morning for breakfast 'cos it fills up the house with the smell of (burnt :p) cinnamon again...

..and for some unknown reason is absolutely fabulous when used to make chicken sandwiches with. Honest :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport