Another 1p a minute Landline To Mobile Call Supplier.

Options
Finerea have reacted to Cleverates 1p a minute calls to a mobile promotion ,by slashing the cost of calls from landline to mobile to 1p also, via their Discount Dial Brand.

See https://www.discountdial.co.uk 0844 861 64 64

With this one you just dial the number normally with a # at end of number. No need to dial in Intl Format.

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!
The number has changed to a a 2p a minute one (0844 462 23 23) and you can no longer use it to dial 07744 numbers only normal UK Mobile Numbers.But its still the cheapest offer around.
PF.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    OTOH, I asked yesterday (post #43 in THIS THREAD) if anyone had tried it. No replies yet.

EDIT 11:08 3/1/06 - now see post #47 on that thread.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Heinz did not read your posting.

I have tried it to Virgin, 07744 number,and Orange no probs.
    PF.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry Heinz did not read your posting.

I have tried it to Virgin, 07744 number,and Orange no probs.
    Yes, a new MSE'er - cello57 - now reports success (post #47 on that other thread) too.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Thready
    Thready Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I used this provider fine yesterday, but have tried to ring 3 mobile numbers tonight, I get through to the recorded message and the please wait message, then after about 30 seconds get another recorded message saying that there is no answer from the number dialed despite being able to get straight through and answered when dialling direct from my bt line.

Has anyone else had a problem or know if there is a problem with discountdial?
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    Thready.
    Just tried it had same prob as you.Then i tried same number using 18185 still not connecting.Then i tried it from BT Landline no probs whatsoever must have probs with their network tonight.
  • Thready
    Options
    Thanks for that utilitybroler, at least I lnow it's not me being blonde
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    I have just used it and its working ok again.Perhaps their was a congestion problem last night.
  • Thready
    Options
    Think you must be right Utilitybroker, have used it tonight without issue.

Hope that it lasts for a while before the rates soar.
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    Thready wrote:
    Think you must be right Utilitybroker, have used it tonight without issue.

Hope that it lasts for a while before the rates soar.

I wouldnt hold your breath as their competitor who started the price war has upped theirs to 3p.

Still lets make Hay while Sunshines. :T
  • nodonovan
    Options
    Is there a connection charge like 1899 and 18866?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure