Marks & Spencer complaint & a word of warning to all those who ordered yesterday.

Options

Comments

• freebiequeen
    Options
    Katpin, it was M&S that kept emailing me, postponing my delivery date. The problem is that my order was collect from store - had I requested home delivery instead, I probably would have got the tv. The most annoying aspect is that it definitely wasn't simply a case of too much demand, as their response states, because they subsequently reduced the price and fulfilled at least some of the orders at the reduced price. This was after my original delivery date. Clearly, collect from store customers are treated as low priority.
  • freebiequeen
    Options
    ): It gets worse - I was due to take delivery of a second tv today - bearing in mind the above, I took the precaution of paying for next day delivery on this one. Despite receiving an email that the tv is on its way to me, including tracking number, etc, I've just spoken to Customer Services and been advised that it's out of stock, but I can wait till after the weekend before they cancel my order, just to see if it turns up anyway - Really, you couldn't make it up! Had I not telephoned Customer Services, I'd still be waiting in. Oh, and the cost has been debited from my account, too!
  • Borage
    Borage Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered the same phone from them 3 times and like you i was given a tracking number and a delivery date every time only to learn when the delivery date came and went that my order had been cancelled. When i enquired why they said the item was over sub scribed and as no money came out of my account they had done nothing wrong.
    I accepted what they said the 1st time but when i reordered and the same thing happened again, and then again after that i knew they were just not bothered about customer service.
    I just can,t make it out that they have someone who wants to buy something but don,t or wont take the order. I could understand if my credit rating was bad but it is,nt, but even if it was you give them your credit card details and the money comes straight out on the day the item is shipped . Had a look in my local M&S for clothes the other day and most things say "Made in China" so you might as well buy from Primarks for about a quarter of the price. When there sales plummet and there shares tumble M&S will deserve it in my opinion
    A shop people used to look up to will be seen as a bunch of losers soon
  • petal1664
    Options
    Yet again M&S up to there usual total incompetence where they cannot fulfil basic orders via the web, dropping off items 1 by 1 up over a 6 day period after original order placed. To top it all the little remaining items due to collect from store a week after original order placed was met with a email today stating:We're sorry to tell you that your order has been delayed and will not be at the store for collection by the date originally scheduled. We understand how disappointing this can be. We need to rearrange your order collection date.
    Understanding how pathetic & disgusting this can be is more in line with what they should be saying.
    Ordering online from any other Company(& that includes Home Bargains) you are not faced with M&S ineptitude of running an online ordering system. Their IT department which undoubtedly are paid a massive wage should be sacked immediately and replaced by professionals as currently a 6 year old could do a better job.
    Couldn't care less about their business comes to mind as their online shoppers have to put up with it time after time. :mad:
  • kerryallc71
    kerryallc71 Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 November 2012 at 8:42PM
    Options
    im having the exact same problem - Have marks and Spencer's been complained about to the watchdog ? ( BBC programme ) they may be able to get answers from them . I just can't believe how bad m&s have gone , I can see them going or not being around for much longer , they can't treat there customers like this .

my complaint is i placed an order on the 23rd of November , i got told the order will be coming in 1 delivery and to expect it on the 28th November , my order was dispatched on the 24th November - i also received a tracking number from city link and on there website it says my order should be here on the 26th November , not like the 28th November on the m&s website . ive gone mad with m&s and said why have you given me false information and i said i will be lodging a BIG complaint , I even rang head office - 0207 935 4422 , they put me straight back through to customer service , who are useless and know nothing at all . ive rang m&s 3 times .

another thing they have taken a full payment from my bank and all items when i placed the order all showed up as in stock , now they are saying half of my order is out of stock and they are waiting for the rest of my order to arrive at m&s so they can dispatch it to me , I've got to wait another 48hours for my order - if it turns up on the 30th November .
  • Borage
    Borage Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Watchdog need informing of this, and if they get enough E mails about M&S shoddy service they will air it on TV
  • auroraborealis
    Options
    The company is going to go bust at the rate it's going. They cannot run a company like this and expect to survive. After my last shocking experience with Marks and Spencer online, one year ago, I vowed I wouldn't buy anything online from them ever again. Well one year on and here we are again! I placed an order on 02 Dec 2012. On 10 Dec 2012, they emailed me to let me know that one of the items is out of stock. That is 8- **EIGHT** DAYS LATER!!!!. What is going on? I suspect that when I placed the order, there was stock, but 8 days later when they started picking my items, oops it's no longer there!, i.e. someone else has my item! Can they not see that they look like a bunch of incompetent idiots! I can see it will take another year for my anger to subside before I do battle with them again, or maybe longer...
    :think:
  • melbell
    melbell Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    Borage wrote: »
    Watchdog need informing of this, and if they get enough E mails about M&S shoddy service they will air it on TV
    You do realise the watchdog threat don't wash it with companies.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    M&S are such regulars on watchdog they have their own parking space. They use the same platitudes each time as well! All these companies understand is when they start losing customers and profit.
  • Dominic1000
    Options
    For several years I have ordered Christmas food using M&S's pre-order and collection service.

This year I had booked to pick-up the order between 1 and 2pm. Despite handing in the pick-up receipt at 1pm, the food was not brought out for 45 minutes. Two items were missing and it took a further 20 minutes for the missing items to be found.

In addition, people who had booked later time slots were being allowed into the queue. What is the point of having pre-booked time slots?

The previous year when I picked-up an order, the member of M&S staff who was going to collect orders for customers was on crutches, whilst able-bodied staff sat at the till. Despite the individual doing her best to bring the orders as quickly as possible, it did make the process rather slow.

I have complained to the company but I suspect it will be a complete waste of my time - that is if anyone even bothers to read it.

I won't be shopping at M&S in the future. Great products but appalling customer service. What a shame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure