Marks & Spencer complaint & a word of warning to all those who ordered yesterday.

Options

Comments

• miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    For several years I have ordered Christmas food using M&S's pre-order and collection service.

This year I had booked to pick-up the order between 1 and 2pm. Despite handing in the pick-up receipt at 1pm, the food was not brought out for 45 minutes. Two items were missing and it took a further 20 minutes for the missing items to be found.

In addition, people who had booked later time slots were being allowed into the queue. What is the point of having pre-booked time slots?

The previous year when I picked-up an order, the member of M&S staff who was going to collect orders for customers was on crutches, whilst able-bodied staff sat at the till. Despite the individual doing her best to bring the orders as quickly as possible, it did make the process rather slow.

I have complained to the company but I suspect it will be a complete waste of my time - that is if anyone even bothers to read it.

I won't be shopping at M&S in the future. Great products but appalling customer service. What a shame.

Having to queue for food shopping pre Christmas - shock horror!
  • SMOGGY
    SMOGGY Posts: 9 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2013 at 3:42PM
    Options
    My wife bought me a part of brown slip-on shoes Marks and Spencers online as a Christmas present. The shoes were too big in size and when I tried them on they creased badly across the instep.

I phoned Marks and Spencers customer services in Chester about a refund. I was told by the girl who answered the call that because my wife had removed the sticky label fixed to the sole of the shoes they would not change or refund the money for them because the labels were missing. I told the girl that the the shoes were a present and that you would not leave the price tag on a present but she said That she could not do anything for me. I asked to speak to a manager.

I phoned the manager the next day and spoke to someone called Neil.
    He also informed me that again there was nothing they could do for me because of the missing sticky labels. I pointed out that the shoes creased badly across the top of the shoe and that the creasing of the shoe was an inherted fault and not fit for purpose and that I should be refunded under the sale of goods act. He then said as I had worn the shoes he could not take them back but I told him that the shoes were not worn but I only tried them on. He then said if a shirt had its tag missing then he would not refund the cost of the shirt. What this has to do with my shoes I haven't a clue.

He also said his own slip ons also creased and that was normal for these shoes????
    He must buy Marks and Spencers slip ons. He kept making these silly remarks and it was obvious I was not going to get a refund. I now have a new £55 pair of shoes I cannot wear and there is nothing I can do about it.

This is a billion pound company without an ounce of goodwill or care for it's customers. It's reputation is now tarnished for me, after being a customer for over fifty years. I will never set foot in their stores ever again.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Re post #73 - already discussed in the thread started by Smoggy:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4378077
  • Borage
    Borage Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Smoggy is a newbie who posted the thread elsewhere only to be told by Meer 53 quote: "You are on Moneysavingexpert, did you mean another forum ? I haven't seen hundreds of complaints about M & S". He,s found this thread ,posted, and now Pollycat says Smoggys post has already been discussed in the other thread............... Not a very nice way to treat someone who,s new in my opinion
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Borage wrote: »
    Smoggy is a newbie who posted the thread elsewhere only to be told by Meer 53 quote: "You are on Moneysavingexpert, did you mean another forum ? I haven't seen hundreds of complaints about M & S". He,s found this thread ,posted, and now Pollycat says Smoggys post has already been discussed in the other thread............... Not a very nice way to treat someone who,s new in my opinion

I believe you have misunderstood what meer said:
    meer53 wrote: »
    Why would creases in shoes make them unfit for purpose ? All my shoes have creases.

M & S sticky labels on shoes are in 2 parts, the price can be removed separately from the rest of the label. I never remove any labels until i'm sure things fit/i like them.

You are on Moneysavingexpert, did you mean another forum ? I haven't seen hundreds of complaints about M & S.

I think - before the OP edited his post - he said something about hundreds of complaints.

Meer was simply asking which forum he'd seen those complaints on.

This thread was a complaint about ordering from M&S online first started back in 2008 and has - including Smoggy's post - 73 replies.
    Hardly 'hundreds' then so I can fully see where Meer was coming from in asking which forum Smoggy had seen 'hundreds of complaints'.

Smoggy posted on this thread yesterday at 14:39 and then started a separate thread yesterday at 20:58.

So Smoggy's post came first on this thread - so he didn't post 'elsewhere only to be told...'.

My point was to alert people that this is a duplicate post and is already being discussed elsewhere.

What is the point of having 2 identical posts running concurrently?

It's actually considered bad form to post the same thing on public forums more than once and Hey! Guess what?
    It's against MSE rules!
    Forum users mustn't post the same forum post more than once on the forum (the only exception is members of the MSE Team; when needed). It's called spamming and most internet forums forbid it.

I wasn't being 'not nice' to Smoggy.
  • Borage
    Options
    I did,nt know all the background, i was only going on what i read on the threads............. looks like i made wrong assumptions........ apologies for that
  • maccrit
    Options
    I live over 100 miles from my parents , so on special occasions I like to send my Mum some flowers, so this mothers day I saw some lovely flowers from M&S online , ordered them 3 days early the money left my account straight away . The day came and went , no flowers delivered ? online tracking showed them being dispatched on the 9th (a lie) .
    I rang customer service 9am monday 11th , was held in a que for over 30 mins due to high demand of calls , only to be told dont worry your mum will get them today? a day after mothers day !!
    After an arguement , as you can imagine I wasn't happy , they agreed to refund my money , which I still havn't seen in my account ? and send Mum a gift token of £20 , which guess what!! she hasn't recieved .
    I would urge anyone wanting to buy flowers online to use companies that rely on they're customer delivery record , not some fat cat company trying to get a piece of the market for themselves, needless to say I wont be giving over my hard earned money to them ever again , not even for a sandwich !!!
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Chase them up and make sure you receive your refund and your Mum gets the £20 voucher.

Some shocking stories on here about non-delivery or poor quality of flowers on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day - lots of different companies too, not just M&S.
  • Borage
    Options
    maccrit wrote: »
    I live over 100 miles from my parents , so on special occasions I like to send my Mum some flowers, so this mothers day I saw some lovely flowers from M&S online , ordered them 3 days early the money left my account straight away . The day came and went , no flowers delivered ? online tracking showed them being dispatched on the 9th (a lie) .
    I rang customer service 9am monday 11th , was held in a que for over 30 mins due to high demand of calls , only to be told dont worry your mum will get them today? a day after mothers day !!
    After an arguement , as you can imagine I wasn't happy , they agreed to refund my money , which I still havn't seen in my account ? and send Mum a gift token of £20 , which guess what!! she hasn't recieved .
    I would urge anyone wanting to buy flowers online to use companies that rely on they're customer delivery record , not some fat cat company trying to get a piece of the market for themselves, needless to say I wont be giving over my hard earned money to them ever again , not even for a sandwich !!!
    Not only ruined you and your mums day, it also comes as a bit of a shock that a company that people hold in high esteem does,nt give a doggy doo about its customers
  • PoorCharleyBear
    Options
    I had not realised that M&S have a track record of this.
    Ordered a load of stuff....a week later they advise half of it is out of stock. As I am paying for international delivery it became worthless for the half order.

Currently they are offering free overseas delivery...place an order, the following day (a miracle) get a message saying the biggest item is out of stock. I check the website...it is in stock. So i ordered again as they will have to bear the postage charges for 2 small parcels.
    I wait to see if anything at all is delivered.
    (Now Tesco could teach them a trick or two...and they deduct VAT which M&S hold on to)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure