Marks & Spencer complaint & a word of warning to all those who ordered yesterday.

Options

Comments

• moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a failed delivery (nominated day) last week and the carriers HDN couldn't give a monkeys. They even tried to tell me they tried to deliver it at 10.30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!! No card left, funny that!
    There was an item missing and two broken, not brilliant but amazing considering the packaging was absolutely useless.
    I called them today and have replacements on order and refunded my delivery charges. They did say that HDN were causing all sorts of problems with nominated deliveries at the moment.

I can't say the delivery was great but customer services did sort it straight away and I've had confirmation emails within 20 minutes.

I guess it depends on your customer rep getting it sorted, I was lucky this time :)
  • CLAIREBEAR
    CLAIREBEAR Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2009 at 7:08PM
    Options
    Helenj21 wrote: »
    Hi Claire

Well M&S online is still giving me the runaround! I've managed to purchase an Ipod Touch 8GB from them online but am picking it up via my local store tomorrow as I don't trust them to deliver on time. I then plan to try and get them to honour the freebie that was my original order (Ipod Touch 8GB with free M&S clock/radio/docking station), which they have cheekily charged me for after removing the Ipod Touch off my order, I have tried to get them to cancel the clock radio, was promised it would be over the phone, but it's still on there and they've taken the money and delayed the delivery of it still yet again now til 16th December, yet they now have them in stock online.

I will try and get them to give me my freebie as was first the offer, but don't know how I will get on. :confused:

Incidentally Claire have you recently bought something from an Amazon seller calling itself 'The Mount Shop'? I noticed negative feedback from someone with your handle as I too have had problems with this seller. If it was you, did you get your goods ok?

Hi Helen its not me on Amazon (ekk I've been cloned :rotfl:)
    But on the M & S front I emailed their CEO again saying I was surprised I hadn't got a reply and I would never us their store again. I got a call today I can have the Ipod Touch 8GB with free M&S clock/radio/docking station and £15-00 for being given the run around. So total £129-39 bargain. Give me a yell if you want his email address ;).
    I hate bad customer service :mad:.
  • Helenj21
    Options
    CLAIREBEAR wrote: »
    Hi Helen its not me on Amazon (ekk I've been cloned :rotfl:)
    But on the M & S front I emailed their CEO again saying I was surprised I hadn't got a reply and I would never us their store again. I got a call today I can have the Ipod Touch 8GB with free M&S clock/radio/docking station and £15-00 for being given the run around. So total £129-39 bargain. Give me a yell if you want his email address ;).
    I hate bad customer service :mad:.

Hi Claire well done you!! Yaaaay!! :j

Well I spoke to the M&S staff from the ordering and collection dept, in my local store and they were brilliant and gave me a clock/radio/docking station with a tenner off, so felt like a result. However, online customer service is still appalling. They still owe me for the so-called freebie which they have now delayed delivery 4 times yet took my money end of November!! The assistant who helped me rang their customer service web team and I had a 30 minute arguement with them on their internal phone, with her promising to cancel the order and refund me. Another 'HOWEVER', nothing has changed, they still have my money and the order for clock/radio is still there for the 20th Dec. I spoke to 'Rory' from Customer Services yesterday (33 minutes on a 0845 number as he put me on hold for ages) and he faithfully promised he would chase it with their dispatch department as my cancellation was in a queue apparently? Oh and he insisted they hadn't taken my money as they don't do that - I know they do as I could see it on my (M&S) credit card with the date they took it (30th Nov), yet no goods sent. ...Rory didn't call me back...surprise, surprise!!!

Yes please I would love the CEO's email, I have spoken to Trading Standards who are looking into it too and take a very dim view of how they are not handling their error, plus they think they are in breech of their contract with me and refused me a cancellation within the 7 day cooling off period, which under distance selling they are supposed to.

Thanks again, wish me luck!! I'll let you know how I got on...

Helen
  • CLAIREBEAR
    CLAIREBEAR Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2009 at 11:41PM
    Options

Errrrrrrrr nope not quite! :mad::mad:
    Delivery never turned up on the 7th Dec I got an email saying it was out of stock:confused:but it was still in stock on the website. Yet another call. I got a lovely girl who couldn't believe how much I had been messed around and said she couldn't understand why it had not been delivered. She re-orded it for Wednesday and gave me another £10-00 credit on my account. She also emailed me to apologise.
    I emailed the CEO again to say that M&S is rubbish and I don't know how they haven't gone bust with their lack of customer service.
    Wednesday came and guess what? another email to say they were no longer stocking the item and I wouldn't be getting it :eek:.
    Boxing gloves off I phoned head office and asked to be put through to Corporate services 020 7935 4422 (in-case you need it lol) to speak to the lady who had called me from their HO the week before.
    She was off but I spoke to another lady who read the story on my account and said she would call them and get them to honour the alarm/docking station. I got a call from a very rude woman who said I could have another one but would have to pay the difference when I said I was not prepared to pay an extra £30-00 she had the cheek to ask me what I expected (I think you can imagine what I said very politely of course)
    Back on the phone to HO who said to order it and pay the extra £30-00 and they would send me a cheque. I called them back to speak to the rude one (lol) and someone said they would pass her a message to call me back.
    Guess what? no call but the lady from HO said she would call me back today which she did I told her I had not had a call. She was not impressed 5 mins later I got a call from the rude one who was as nice as pie ;) (I wonder why)
    She would place the order for the more expensive one and I didn't have to pay the £30-00 and get a refund from HO and she will monitor my account AND I have her direct dial number :rotfl:.
    Sorry for the long story.
    Fingers crossed it all goes to plan on Tuesday :think: or I will be asking to speak to the CEO in person.
    CEO email is [EMAIL="stuart.rose@marks-and-spencer.com"]stuart.rose@marks-and-spencer.com[/EMAIL]
    Good luck keep me posted.

Claire
  • Helenj21
    Options
    CLAIREBEAR wrote: »

Errrrrrrrr nope not quite! :mad::mad:
    Delivery never turned up on the 7th Dec I got an email saying it was out of stock:confused:but it was still in stock on the website. Yet another call. I got a lovely girl who couldn't believe how much I had been messed around and said she couldn't understand why it had not been delivered. She re-orded it for Wednesday and gave me another £10-00 credit on my account. She also emailed me to apologise.
    I emailed the CEO again to say that M&S is rubbish and I don't know how they haven't gone bust with their lack of customer service.
    Wednesday came and guess what? another email to say they were no longer stocking the item and I wouldn't be getting it :eek:.
    Boxing gloves off I phoned head office and asked to be put through to Corporate services 020 7935 4422 (in-case you need it lol) to speak to the lady who had called me from their HO the week before.
    She was off but I spoke to another lady who read the story on my account and said she would call them and get them to honour the alarm/docking station. I got a call from a very rude woman who said I could have another one but would have to pay the difference when I said I was not prepared to pay an extra £30-00 she had the cheek to ask me what I expected (I think you can imagine what I said very politely of course)
    Back on the phone to HO who said to order it and pay the extra £30-00 and they would send me a cheque. I called them back to speak to the rude one (lol) and someone said they would pass her a message to call me back.
    Guess what? no call but the lady from HO said she would call me back today which she did I told her I had not had a call. She was not impressed 5 mins later I got a call from the rude one who was as nice as pie ;) (I wonder why)
    She would place the order for the more expensive one and I didn't have to pay the £30-00 and get a refund from HO and she will monitor my account AND I have her direct dial number :rotfl:.
    Sorry for the long story.
    Fingers crossed it all goes to plan on Tuesday :think: or I will be asking to speak to the CEO in person.
    CEO email is [EMAIL="stuart.rose@marks-and-spencer.com"]stuart.rose@marks-and-spencer.com[/EMAIL]
    Good luck keep me posted.

Claire

OMG Claire! They are dreadful, don't suppose you could pm me who you spoke to who sorted things out for you? (Well hopefully!).

I can't believe you haven't got things sorted either by now. In store the staff told me they are sick of dealing with the online lots b*lls-ups and they can't get them to call back either! What hope has the customer got??

I think I will email Sir Stuart and Steve Rowe, Director of Retail and M&S Direct (I assume M&S Direct is the online part?) and give them the whole sorry saga, trading standards want me to write to their HO anyway, maybe at the top might just get me a refund...finally...and who knows maybe an apology and some compensation???

I will let you know how I get on, let me know too eh?

Thanks again Claire

Helen xox
  • Lucy-Jane
    Options
    I bought some suit trousers in store but jacket not in my size.

Placed order online Fri with quick delivery but they took wrong credit card details.

Rang and complained (this delayed order by a day & I was due to start new job) - got free delivery.

Jacket arrived. Both labels stated different sizes! :eek: Was offered £5 off and new jacket sent out. Refused. Then offered £10 off. Was ok with that. (Not really their fault!) Did ask for call from manager though.

Later, manager called me.

Couldn't apologise enough, said they'd refund the jacket I'd paid for and would send me another one free of charge! :T:T

So I would say, keep on at them, and do keep going up the line - they're a good bunch really :rotfl:
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will not be purchasing from M&S again either, after my experience in store last week. Is there an address I can write to in order to vent my spleen?

thanks
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • notisis
    notisis Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had such hassle with M & S that I complained to the Ombudsman. Result was got everything refunded on my M&S card. But now my family absolutely refuses to shop there. They have lost a fairly high spending customer yet they could have avoided this if they'd held their hands up at the outset, apologised and refunded. From other stories I've heard I'm not surprised M&S aren't doing so well if they continue to treat customers like this - they must be losing quite a bit of business.
  • Rickyp_2
    Options
    I actually work for M&S customer service and have to admit that depending on which adviser/manager you are dealing with can determine the experience you have. This I have found with many other companies though. A few months ago I wasted a whole day waiting for a delivery of a product from one of the other major high street stores. I'm not defending the level of service that M&S are offering as at times it is a lot to be desired, its just that like every business there will always be customers who will be dissatisfied with the service that they receive. At the end of the day never mind how large a company is there is always room for human error as people are not robots despite what many consumers would like to believe and mistakes will happen. As for the attitude that some of you have mentioned, I think in modern day Britain a lot of people are not friendly. I see it everyday with bus drivers, barmen, waiters, shop assistants etc etc. I think its just more apparent in customer service though as many customers are very rude and obnoxious and expect the world, even at times when they are partly/fully to blame for problems. From experience I have found that if you are polite and nice then to a point people will go out of their way to help you, whereas if you are not nice people wont do.

I do agree though there should be a better system for stock management especially if you can order an item three times on the website, and be told three times its out of stock!
    Ellie he's the head office address ;)

Head Office
    Marks & Spencer Plc
    PO Box 288
    Warrington
    WA5 7WZ

Rick :)
  • deborahgreen_2
    Options
    Adding few more vents about m&s. Had the worst experience with them when shopping for Christmas, couldn't gift anyone on Christmas day :mad: As everyone have told here the customer service is just horrible. They are so rude and hardly listen to whatever we are telling. I am never gonna shop with them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure