Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    they really are a bunch of comedians.
    Get some gorm.
  • Clare1564
    Options
    Just had a young girl from Apex on the doorstep. She didn't get very far before I said I didn't carry out any sort of transaction on the doorstep. She argued the toss, but I stuck firm. She eventually left, but not before she had called me "f***ing stupid" to my face in front of my 6 year old. Great sales tactics...
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    id have chased the bit ch down the drive and slapped her one.
    Get some gorm.
  • ewcs
    ewcs Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    If your looking for a quote, i can provide one, i used to sub-contract for andura/protectacoat etc, and can come in up to 60% cheaper for the identical system.
    Jon
  • Radsteral
    Radsteral Posts: 836 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    10 k or even 22 k for rendering outside??

i understand a semi will require around 800 to 1000 for scaffolding in london and if sand and cement done properly, it ll last for ages .. or if not keen on it use some webber rendering which comes with whatever colour you want and as you finish, no paint or anything and suposed to be 90 percent waterproof.... nowhere near the 10 k price

get one of us plasterers for a quote and ask for previous work to be seen and go with it.
    andura and co, still employ us to do the job, for 3000 and charge you for the other 7000 just for that paperwork and advertisment
    revolutionary? revolutionary my ......;)
  • gunnerpad
    Options
    i had a job interview for this company today, and everything seemed, fair, but i had my doubts,

now, with reading this thread and having the experience of there interview, id recomend AVOIDING this company. im not going to take the job if i get it and i KNOW its over priced.
  • bradybunch4
    Options
    gunnerpad wrote: »
    i had a job interview for this company today, and everything seemed, fair, but i had my doubts,

now, with reading this thread and having the experience of there interview, id recomend AVOIDING this company. im not going to take the job if i get it and i KNOW its over priced.

Does anyone know if ANDURA GUARD and ANDURA COATINGS LTD are the same company, I have noticed the andura logo with a globe is on both websites but is this an andura logo that people who sell the product can use? They do have different phone numbers and addresses but their sales pitch is very similar although i have been told that Andura coatings are the real company and the others are trying to jump on the bandwagon and have stolen the sales pitch by sending people on their training courses!!!
  • john_brooksbank
    Options
    I spent a fortune on this andura rubbish on my house in Malaga Spain and now I'm spending more money to have it removed. Don't touch it with a bargepole!
  • ewcs
    ewcs Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    I spent a fortune on this andura rubbish on my house in Malaga Spain and now I'm spending more money to have it removed. Don't touch it with a bargepole!
    What type of system was used on your PROPERTY in SPAIN, there are different systems for different locations, ie a property on an urban estate has different needs to a property near a coastal area, these factors need to be taken into account, and as for spending a fortune to have it applied more fool you, its no more than 25% dearer than sand & cement,
  • bradybunch4
    bradybunch4 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 July 2010 at 2:28PM
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with cold callers as such so long as they are polite and take no for an answer without giving abuse. Lots of companies hire cold calling companies to do their dirty work one of which is a household name ADT, I know this because I worked for them for a whole day knocking on doors! I only did one day when I realised I would much rather be at home to say goodnight to my children and not walking the streets.
    I am looking into Andura to find out if they are legit or not. There appears to be different company names, are they the same company or are they franchises and a seperate entity to the main Andura Coatings based in Bicester? I have read the watchdog report and I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, the people involved did get their refund due to cancelling during the cooling off period. The report however does not say anything regarding quality of work which I would like to see some real photos of (not the ones on the companies websites for obvious reasons). As far as I have read on various forums and complaints pages there has only been a handfull of people not happy with the quality of work ( no photos though), I do know that they are making a large turnover so there must be some happy customers out there somewhere! One thing that does put me off are the prices, but what else do we have to compare them to. I did read that one builder quoted around £10, 000 for a house on a chat forum, which seems very expensive to me another quoted £3000. The other thing that I wanted to find out about are the chaps who are out trying to close these deals are being called surveyers when infact they are sales executives with little training, is this legal for someone unqualified to assess the state of my exterior walls? The sales execs have been told about this product and maybe unfortunately have fallen for the jargon, when in reality they know as much as the general public can find out on the internet, they are out to make them selves a living like everyone else and I know not all of them are nasty stereo typical salesmen, just trying to make a good living!
    Anyway, if anyone does have any genuine reasons not to use this company please do let me know. (I am not considering using the company, a female friend is considering working for them and I want to find out about the company before she does!And I would like genuine reasons, not little ones, even marks and spencers have disgruntled customers)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure