Quote from Andura Guard for rendering/pointing

Options

Comments

• andy69_2
    andy69_2 Posts: 1,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tell them to do one! Im paying 1300 next year for exactly what your having, get a local builder or plasterer or someone! Dont pay that, rip off imo
  • knowloads
    Options
    Fantastic, £1500 a mtr is just madness, why not knock the whole house down and start again for that money. £60 a mtr (ie £4k) is still a bit steep for what they do.
  • oldie21
    oldie21 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    now canvassing Bournemouth residents

my OH expressed interest in free survey, now they have our details I shall have to fend them off!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • knowloads
    knowloads Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    oldie21 wrote: »
    now canvassing Bournemouth residents

my OH expressed interest in free survey, now they have our details I shall have to fend them off!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OHHHHH YES

Don't go there, massive starting prices for what is just paint, nothing less, nothing more.

I am currently having rendering/coating on a 275 sqmtr outside in lime based stone finish for £55 mtr. 3-4 weeks-3 men,and over 6 tons of product.
  • me_again_3
    Options
    I got doorstopped by Apex and told they would give me a work on the exterior works that needed doing. As I knew that some work was required to the front of my property and there was no obligation thought i'd give it a go. The guy that turned up wasn't who I was told it would be, and not once did they mention that they were the funny paint people (OK, that's not what they are, but they didn't mention that they only did the coating) untill he'd look all round the exterior walls (in the dark), and told me that the plaster on a wall had blown, it's a hollow wall, of course the plaster isn't going to sound solid. It was only when he came in to write out a quote, and gave me a dvd to watch did I discover they only did the coating. When I told him that if i'd known they were the coating people I wouldn't of made the appointment he got humpty and left without even telling me what needed doing!

That's the last time i don't make time to google someone!
  • We got the visit, 4hrs worth. Welling in Kent DA16. Nice enough bloke. The price is out of this world. We are detached, however £27,000 :eek:.
    I got restless when our dinner was cooked and mentioned it, and the salesman said he would quite like dinner.

Having read all the comments I can only say thank you :).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 14 April 2010 at 1:46PM
    Options
    We got the visit, 4hrs worth. Welling in Kent DA16. Nice enough bloke. The price is out of this world. We are detached, however £27,000 :eek:.
    I got restless when our dinner was cooked and mentioned it, and the salesman said he would quite like dinner.

Having read all the comments I can only say thank you :).

Scum of the earth. Been on Watchdog as wel.
  • CiderBoy
    CiderBoy Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    CiderBoy wrote: »
    Just had them knock on the door here in East Bristol.

I told them the first thing I'd do when I closed the door was Google the company and invited him to hang around whilst I did - he didn't!
    :rotfl:

I don't believe it - they're touring East Bristol again!

I said exactly the same as last time but this time that wasn't enough to get rid of them. They promised me that I wouldn't find anything bad about them.

They didn't hang around when I offered to get my laptop though :rotfl:
  • Rainbow_Katie
    Options
    This company are now cold calling in the Sutton/Carshalton area.

We had a cold call visit from this company last night wanting to take our details to arrange an appointment to come to assess our exterior walls.
    The guy called 'Will' was reasonably polite, but we did end up giving a name and a fake phone number to get rid of him.

Then half an hour later, the same guy came back with a colleague. As it was getting later into the evening, we didn't want to answer the door again- they persisted in ringing on the doorbell, and we persisted in not answering! Eventually the colleague shouted out that he was from Sutton Police, and that we should open the door. Being a little concerned that it really was the Police, we opened the door, and discovered that it was the two guys from Apex. We told them in no uncertain terms where to go, and they did leave at this point.

I then Googled the company and discovered this forum. I have also called Consumer Direct to make a report and they have passed this on to the local Trading Standards team (who called me straight back in 15 minutes). If you get a similar visit, do give Consumer Direct a call - 08454 040506 - it only took me 10 mins to make the report, and the more people who call, the more likely something will be done.
  • zebrapolish
    Options
    Fortunately I told the rep that I wasn't signing anything up front and that he had till a set time to get through whatever he had to do. He over stayed his welcome by about 30 mins, quoted £19k :eek: and didn't even bother offering me special discounts except to mention that if they 'had workers without a job on' (see other posts above) there could be discounts for 'co-operating with the logistics dept'.

Did search on Andura Guard on line and came straight here!!!!

Shame is that I think some of the advice he gave is sound because some of our walls aren't exactly perfect and I wouldn't say he was pushy although he was really insistant that I watch the DVD.

Will be getting local builders to come and quote.

Looking forward to any follow up calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport