We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Can I clear a debt a month??

1…2425272930…77

Comments

  • OberonSH
    OberonSH Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    Hey emily, glad to hear you're having a cheap weekend. Any tips on comping - I subscribed to Simply Prizes and entered everythinjg in it every month, and enter loads of online comps, but have never won anything apart from a Shakin' Stevens album.
    This year I'm getting organised once and for all, and going to buy a house with my wonderful other half. And that' s final!

    Current Pay Off Target : £1500 :mad:
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Hey emily, glad to hear you're having a cheap weekend. Any tips on comping - I subscribed to Simply Prizes and entered everythinjg in it every month, and enter loads of online comps, but have never won anything apart from a Shakin' Stevens album.

    I subscribe to http://www.compersnews.co.uk/ - it's a really good website with loads of tips and a monthly magazine with loads of comps in it. There's a forum too which people post loads of other competitions which you might not have found out about. I used to belong to Simply Prizes but I find Compers News much better.

    I use http://www.theprizefinder.com/ to enter online comps. I enter them the day before they close so that I make sure I can enter them all. It also keeps track of the ones that you have entered.

    For postcard comps, I use picture postcards which I buy online - I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I do tend to win quite a few prizes. Also for any entry form comps or any plain paper entries, I use coloured envelopes. I go into card shops and ask if they have any spare and 9 times out of 10 they do!! I know this is cheeky but it is free and the coloured envelopes stand out compared to all the white ones they receive.

    I have never won anything from a slogan comp so I can't really give any tips on that front. The only other thing I can advise is that you need to enter anything and everything - as long as you keep the costs down ;) . Keep an eye open for entry forms in the shops too.

    Hope this helps - good luck!! :D

    Emily xx
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Hi Emily,

    Could you please let me know what AQA is and how to get involved?
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Hi Emily,

    Could you please let me know what AQA is and how to get involved?

    I do get quite a few queries about AQA so I hope it's ok to post the website here. Visit http://www.issuebits.com/ and click on the vacancies link. You can apply from there.

    It is basically internet research done via your computer. You have to do a test to get in and then an induction period so it takes a bit of time to get started if you get accepted. They pay 30p per question answered.

    Good luck!!

    Emily xx
  • Jessiepig
    Jessiepig Posts: 211 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just checked out AQA and you need a degree to be able to apply.
    £2 saver club, over £200 now:
    1p a day increase saving. Paid up to middle April
    :j
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Just checked out AQA and you need a degree to be able to apply.

    I don't have a degree and I managed to get in ;) - the highest qualification I have got are A Levels and I stated this when I applied.

    My advice is to go for it and see what happens.

    Good luck!!

    Emily xx
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    OberonSH wrote:
    Hey emily, glad to hear you're having a cheap weekend. Any tips on comping - I subscribed to Simply Prizes and entered everythinjg in it every month, and enter loads of online comps, but have never won anything apart from a Shakin' Stevens album.

    Doesn't quite go with the goth image Obi!!!

    eh - you're doing great, I went 'mad for it' a few years ago & entered everything, won nothing!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    i wish you all the best with this one ..i really wish i had your optimism and determination ...and with both there's very little chance of failing ...go for it
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Woohoo, just got another prize of an England interactive football game - that's another one for Ebay!! :T

    I'll have my debts cleared in no time ;)

    I hope you are all having a good weekend :D

    Emily xx
  • ehallett wrote:
    Woohoo, just got another prize of an England interactive football game - that's another one for Ebay!! :T

    I'll have my debts cleared in no time ;)

    I hope you are all having a good weekend :D

    Emily xx


    Well done. Emily can i just ask you a question about your CF, do you often go on IV's? (my girlfriend has CF too and poor girl she is on IV's at the moment) and i find it really hard to cheer her up what advice can you give me and what cheers you up when you are on IV's?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.