🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Duracell charger was £44.99 now £9.99 (merged)

Options

Comments

• Phil6340
    Options
    Just come from Boots where I have a relative who works at Boots...

The correct price is £29.99 and not £9.99 which is what they are registering at the till at. My advice is if you want one do it sooner rather than later...another of Boots almost legendary pricing errors.
  • m_will
    m_will Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    Is it this one with the free batteries giving it a different product code?
    Duracell Charger CEF90KTNEU
  • feed_me_chocs
    Options
    That looks like the one
  • showman36
    Options
    picture.jpg

This one?
  • feed_me_chocs
    Options
    lol - that's it
  • bobadobado
    Options
    Heres a Ni-Mh charger that looks well priced on a special at the moment for £5.99 delivered free for a limited time only!

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=100596

just the charger...no batteries . But you do get a car lighter lead.
  • AMO
    AMO Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    The Duracell one is timer-based. From m_will's link I cannot tell if it has a failsafe microprocessor. Get the one from 7 Day Shop. That one appears to be fairly advanced.

However, bear in mind that a decent charger that can charge up to 4 AA or AAA batteries that also has an advanced microprocessor to detect bad batteries and overcharging should cost no more than £17ish with a set of 4 batteries included.

Therefore the 7 Day Shop one appears to be fairly good value as you can pick up high capacity batteries for less than £10.

AMO
  • aj2001
    aj2001 Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    at 45 pounds thats a joke just cause its duracell lol even at 29.99 for timer one no way as boots is selling thier own brand cheaper than than.

Anyway is it really TIMER one? i hope not please some investigate

BTW in boots the price is indeed 29.99 but at boots it scans at 9.99 so they couldnt have done this on purpose as if they advertise it at 9.99 they will sell put quicly not bad for kids toys is it back in action it 30 mins.

Please can you confirm is micro proccesor or timer.
    aj
  • aj2001
    aj2001 Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    charge terminitation is based on -dv temperature and/or built in timer
    from the pdf file on the link provided above. so seems even they dont know if its timer. mad isnt it.
    aj
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    AMO wrote:
    The Duracell one is timer-based. From m_will's link I cannot tell if it has a failsafe microprocessor. Get the one from 7 Day Shop. That one appears to be fairly advanced.

However, bear in mind that a decent charger that can charge up to 4 AA or AAA batteries that also has an advanced microprocessor to detect bad batteries and overcharging should cost no more than £17ish with a set of 4 batteries included.

Therefore the 7 Day Shop one appears to be fairly good value as you can pick up high capacity batteries for less than £10.

AMO

I think the duracell one does have a microprocessor, as I remember reading something in the instructions about it detecting bad batteries.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills