PS2's in stock

Options
Typical Sony tactic. Happens every year! I hope that people that can't get a PS2 will consider an XBOX instead - will serve Sony right!

Comments

• gamma
    gamma Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    Go Xbox superior in every way, and if you get it chipped your laughing all the way to the bank :)
  • bj-sailaway
    Options
    I know I am a bit thick, but what is the advantage of having an Xbox, or PS2 chipped? Thanks, Bev
  • Smartasss
    Options
    The games have built in protection which means that if copied they won't work in a console.

When a console has been 'chipped' with a chip modification it will play copied versions of the games.
  • bawbag_2
    Options
    Of course, one wouldn't advocate playing copied games... thats not money saving, thats just stealing.

Sorry - but knowing a bunch of folks who lost their jobs in the games industry this year, advocating not paying for games makes me mad >:(

Hunting for bargains, now thats another matter!

Especially since - and maybe a bunch of people dont know this - its the retailers who make the biggest slice of cash from games sales... ::)
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • db247_2
    db247_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    EUK - you guys get them from Centresoft. Who now have some in, as my colleague bought one yesterday on staff purchase. Last week another colleague had the last one in the warehouse, now there are more. They did shift real fast though, hence you don't have them.
  • VH
    VH Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    My new PS2 arrived this morning! :D

(£83.99 from Boots).
  • Cheeky_Giggles
    Options
    I've just been into Game in Uxbridge and put a deposit down on the slimline PS2 Deal...inc 3 Games and Controller for £119.00. I was fed up of Argos continually being out of stock and unable to put a deposit down on one for when they came in next.

They will be taking a delivery within the next 2 weeks. He did say they had 16 in Saturday and they were all sold by lunch time.
  • Smartasss
    Options
    Hi Bawbag
    advocating not paying for games makes me mad

Me too.

But that wasn't what the post was about.

It was in answer to bj-sailaway's question:
    what is the advantage of having an Xbox, or PS2 chipped?

If you re-read the posts you will see there was no need to go mad!

;);)
  • niz
    niz Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    My new PS2 arrived this morning!  :D

(£83.99 from Boots).

hi when did you order yours??? as i hav ordered one too, ive got the usual email saying they have go tthe order and it said they deliver by 22/11
  • Madness
    Madness Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Just been to Slough Currys, Comet and PC World - all out of stock but saying they will be getting deliveries next week (not very convincing though!).

These are now selling for silly money on Ebay - £150+

Actually trying to buy one as a replacement for kids old PS2 that is starting to develop a fault (only 2.5 yrs old!!) so XBox is not an option as they have so many PS games.

Will keep searching but will not pay over the odds.............kids can wait!!

Obviously if I find any in stock I will let you all know but they shift fast when stores do get them! 8)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure