Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    Does that work ;)
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    soblivion - lovely card - I especially like the "love" letters. Saveapenny is the expert on freebie sites, I don't tend to use them as I always have problems with my printer. Would a piece of matching paper cover the cellotape inside?

ZLS - I hope everything gets sorted and that you're back with us soon.
  • JailhouseBabe
    Options
    julie - working now, thanks :T

soblivion - very impressive. Can you cut some card (red or white) and use double-sided tape to cover the unsightly bits inside? If not, I'm sure your OH won't mind, the card looks lovely.

rainmac - best wishes to your mum x

ZLS - hope you get everything sorted and find your way back soon x
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Im glad all the cards arrived safely..tell her no tears we dont want our cards running...lol
    Soblivion..right click and save this if its the sort of thing your looking for
    If you want more inserts let me know your email and I will send them on

valentineletterinsert.jpg

If you go through the past few pages there are quite a few links for freebies also if you go to the first page there is a link to the old thread with tons of freebies on there
    A few pages back I put a red check one on that might be ok as well
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    soblivion - what a beautiful card

tomorrow is my b-i-l's birthday, and i've just made him a card, he is mad about volkswagen camper vans, and he has one that he does up.

We don't see a lot of them, but stay in touch via facebook, well last week i saw some pictures on my s-i-l's site, and it was of a volkswagen camper convention in germany, so i downloaded the picture of b-i-l's camper van from s-i-l's facebook, went to boots and made a black and white print, i've just made his card, and i'm of to post it now in the rain, the pic is actually his van, i hope he is surprised when he opens it.

wiii.jpg
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a cheap place to buy blank wallet cards either sqaure or tall in different card stock
    I have tried making them out of card but they just done look as neat
    PDA seem to be getting more expensive

soblivion ...its a lovely card...how did you do the letters? they look padded and stiched?

Saint Chris ...thats lovely Im sure he will be thrilled to bits
    I did one with my auntie and uncle on thir wedding day for thier 50th anniversary you should have seen thierfaces when they opened it...pity I forgot to take a photo of it
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    ZLS1984 wrote: »
    Hi guys I am not going to be about for a while. I am having a few problems at home and I need to dedicate my time to sorting them out.

I hope to be back crafting with you all soon.

Zoey

Take care Zoey, you know where we all are if you need a chat ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • polly1976
    polly1976 Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    Skiergirl wrote: »
    :T Great cards everyone :T

My DH has agreed to come to the GMex show in a couple of weeks - bribed by the thought of a meal in manchester ;):D
    Has anyone been to any of these shows (stitch and creative crafts) ?.
    If so, is the stuff any cheaper than you can get it normally, or are they a place just to get ideas ?. Thanks for any info you can give.
    I went to the G Mex Stitch and Creative Craft Show last september and i highly recomend it it was Fantastic My hubby came with me too he lasted 3 hrs then went for a sit down :rotfl: :rotfl: You can get some bargin's well i managed to find a few xxxx
  • rainmac
    Options
    soblivion - love your love card :D. Did you make the LOVE letters yourself or buy them? They are fab! I only ask cos I was thinking of making a padded heart out of red felt and blanket stitch round the edge (need to find out how to do blanket stitch mind ;)).

saint_chris - love your BIL card, how original and thoughtful, bet he'll love it :T
  • rainmac
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a cheap place to buy blank wallet cards either sqaure or tall in different card stock
    I have tried making them out of card but they just done look as neat
    PDA seem to be getting more expensive

soblivion ...its a lovely card...how did you do the letters? they look padded and stiched?

Saint Chris ...thats lovely Im sure he will be thrilled to bits
    I did one with my auntie and uncle on thir wedding day for thier 50th anniversary you should have seen thierfaces when they opened it...pity I forgot to take a photo of it

I've just found this company, haven't used them before and don't know how prices compare... http://www.kookykards.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_319
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport