Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• minimacka
    Options
    Morning Ladies, hope you are all well, im feeling a lot better this morning after a good nights sleep. lol

Melissa - That book card is absolultely lovely and yes i would want it back too, people just dont understand how much work goes into one.

Mumhug - what a lovely peek a boo card its looks very neat

dragollew, Debsy1963, gemm85 and CT19720 what lovely cards you have made :j

I promise that tonight when i get in from work i will upload my photos onto photobucket so that i can post them.

Im now a new member of facebook and im sure that it was on this fourm that people on here have a facebook page but i cant remember who to look for can anyone point me in the right direction.

mm
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Minimacka - It's MSE Crafty Girlies the group that is.....
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Paddingtondoo - I love that phrase - a "lick and stick it one".

My friend teaches cardmaking and takes the mick out of me because my cards don't take long to make and hers take hours - she coined the phrase :rotfl:.

It's great for kids cards when I don't have much notice and as I was never very organised it came from necessity :p
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • orchid-96
    Options
    My friend teaches cardmaking and takes the mick out of me because my cards don't take long to make and hers take hours - she coined the phrase :rotfl:.

It's great for kids cards when I don't have much notice and as I was never very organised it came from necessity :p

Mine will probably be 'lick and stick' ones and still take hours :D
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    And I rteated myself to s crop o dile on Saturday :o.
    snipped

Hi Paddingtondoo,

Can I ask where you got your crop o diles from, and if you don't mind me asking what you paid for them - as I have seen mention of these a lot recently and am very tempted to get some. Are they easy to use, in so much as you don't need a lot of pressure to make the holes or add the eyelets, as I don't have good strength in either of my arms. I saw something like this in our local market on Saturday for £3.99, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REVOLVING-H-D-LEATHER-FABRIC-HOLE-PUNCH-RIVET-EYELET_W0QQitemZ360045042582QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE?hash=item360045042582&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

but would hold out for a crop a dile if it is easy to use, as it would allow me to do eyelets.

Thanks
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Jerseygirl55
    Options
    orchid-96 wrote: »
    Wow, had a bit more of a look through on here and the cards are all so fantastic, I bet I won't even get close to as good as them, but I am looking forward to giving it a go (spent a fair bit in Hobby Craft yesterday so I need to make some at least)...I got a few kits whilst I was in there, they are the ones that say 9.99 with £20 worth of stuff in but they are priced at £5.86, so got 3 and 1 actually went through at £3.99!!.....I think they are good for beginners as they do have loads of stuff in, including the blank cards, some thick paper, stamps and lots of stickers/toppers....

I have looked at a few craft sites showing projects and notice a lot of people seem to do embossing....can anyone tell me how that works, and what I would need to do it? Think I should start small with stick ons and the like, but I would like to know whether it is worth doing embossing, if it isn't too expensive to get the stuff...

Melissa75 I love your card, looks really special (and complicated) If I got that card, I would never throw it away......

Gemma85 your valentine card is gorgeous, on the cat front, can't ever get one as DH is really alergic (he suffers really bad with his chest and skin when we visit my Mum who has a cat)...have a little doggie though...

Keep up all the great work guys (I need all the inspiration I can get)...

Just a quick question if anyone can help, is there any way of changing my username without starting all over etc....(I have my reasons!!)

As I new crafter it is easy to get carried away, and buy loads of stuff to try different techniques, I did and bought a Heat Gun, Embossing powder lots of stamps, then a Light Box Stencils and Embosing tools made a few cards.... then bought the Fiskars Embossing Kit about £20 then loads of stencils for that......, then moved on to Lace ( cutting designs in paper then folding) bought all the Lace tools and ruler and metal templates..... then it was paper-piercing bought loads of patterns,and pricking tools. then it was punches,border punches, corner punches and any other punch I could find, next came clear stamps, chalks, then all the distressing inks and Ink pads ( which I will use eventually) Oh and there was papers for Iris folding, eyelet setting tools eyelets and brads, then a couple of Glitter Girls Boards, then it was Decoupage papers ( but hated cutting out) oh and then the craft were you roll strips of paper to make flowers I cannot think of the name
    I did make a few cards using the above but to be honest I wasted a lot of money.
    so beware, think before you buy try and join a craft class were you can try before you buy !! it will work out cheaper
    I have made a decision not to buy anything else but to use up some of the stuff I have,
    But I could be tempted tp buy a Bind it All , to make mini books !!

cheers

Jerseygirl
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Mumhug...thank you it arrived safley and its lovely xx

Ive asked before but cant find the page with the answers on the old thread...Can anyone recomend a place or web site for buy pearlesent card ( cheaply)

Jerseygirl...the bind it all is expensive and you would have to make a lot of minibooks there are lots of free ideas on the net for minibooks that dont use binders
    The rings are just as good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-19MM-Scrapbook-Paper-bag-Album-Hinged-Binding-Rings_W0QQitemZ250313438660QQihZ015QQcategoryZ75572QQcmdZViewItem and a hole punch
    Here is a site for soem free minibooks http://www.scrapbook-crazy.com/chipboard-mini-album.html also search youtube for things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRteLpX4S4&feature=related
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    snipped

Hi Paddingtondoo,

Can I ask where you got your crop o diles from, and if you don't mind me asking what you paid for them - as I have seen mention of these a lot recently and am very tempted to get some. Are they easy to use, in so much as you don't need a lot of pressure to make the holes or add the eyelets, as I don't have good strength in either of my arms. I saw something like this in our local market on Saturday for £3.99, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REVOLVING-H-D-LEATHER-FABRIC-HOLE-PUNCH-RIVET-EYELET_W0QQitemZ360045042582QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE?hash=item360045042582&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

but would hold out for a crop a dile if it is easy to use, as it would allow me to do eyelets.

Thanks

I haven't really used it yet - only to punch 4 holes so far and it didn't need hardly any pressure to use. It cost £29.99 from the range but it is the big bite one - I have seen them online for about £26 but I wanted it now :rotfl:.

I'm going to have a play tonight when DD goes to bed so will report back although I know several other on here have them and they love them :D
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't really used it yet - only to punch 4 holes so far and it didn't need hardly any pressure to use. It cost £29.99 from the range but it is the big bite one - I have seen them online for about £26 but I wanted it now :rotfl:.

I'm going to have a play tonight when DD goes to bed so will report back although I know several other on here have them and they love them :D

Thanks Paddingtondoo, i'd be grateful to hear what you think about it, and any comments anyone else wants to tell me - I have a feeling though that I will want one and will also want it now!:rotfl:
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Jerseygirl55
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Mumhug...thank you it arrived safley and its lovely xx

Ive asked before but cant find the page with the answers on the old thread...Can anyone recomend a place or web site for buy pearlesent card ( cheaply)

Jerseygirl...the bind it all is expensive and you would have to make a lot of minibooks there are lots of free ideas on the net for minibooks that dont use binders
    The rings are just as good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-19MM-Scrapbook-Paper-bag-Album-Hinged-Binding-Rings_W0QQitemZ250313438660QQihZ015QQcategoryZ75572QQcmdZViewItem and a hole punch
    Here is a site for soem free minibooks http://www.scrapbook-crazy.com/chipboard-mini-album.html also search youtube for things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRteLpX4S4&feature=related

Thanks for the links and for saving me money !!

cheers

Jerseygirl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family