Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Debsy - beautiful cards, my favourite is the lilac butterfly one.
    Saveapenny - that's the bit I found the hardest - trying to figure out what to use on the pages.
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Debsy- love the cards my favorite is the cat one.

Melissa75-I got 5 aperture cards and envelopes two sheets of sticky ribbon 5 backing papers and two sheets of stickers and tags. I was really chufed for £1

Gem85 -yes it was in a craft section they were rearranging and didnt have much out but what was there was cheap i also got 2 large rubber stamps for £1 and apack of printed vellums for £1.:j
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    lovely cards debsy - my fave is also the lilac butterfly one but they are all fabulous.

and I totally know what you mean about not getting anything else done lol :rotfl:

here's my challenge for this time, posting in the nick of time yet again. I'm good with taking pics of all my cards as soon as they are finished but must get better at actually uploading the photos onto photobucket :rolleyes:

0090.jpg

I made it as a valentines card for my OH, as you may be able to tell we love cats :D but don't have one yet, I am working on it though!
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    Was busy yesterday making some thank you cards:

DSCF1654.jpgDSCF1655.jpg
    DSCF1659.jpg

You can't really tell on the pink butterfly one, but I added some transulant flowers to the middle of the 3 flowers on the righthand side the flowered paper to give it a bit more dimension - also added the purple butterfly at the bottom too.

And here is a birthday card I made, the 'Happy Birthday' was done using the stamps, inks, and embossing powders my OH got me for my birthday, so it was my first attempt:

DSCF1656.jpg
    This this one is my fav.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Gemm85
    Options
    mumhug wrote: »
    Gem85 -yes it was in a craft section they were rearranging and didnt have much out but what was there was cheap i also got 2 large rubber stamps for £1 and apack of printed vellums for £1.:j

sounds like you got loads of lovely stuff, I can't resist a bargain either! I was in hobbycraft on saturday and in my local one they always have reels of pretty patterned ribbons for 97p, I always have to get some even though I have loads already. Still I figure, they are bound to come in handy one day when I'm looking for just the right colour :rotfl:
  • Gemm85
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    Was busy yesterday making some thank you cards:
    DSCF1655.jpg

I love this blue one, that paper is so stylish :)
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemm85 Thats a lovely card really love the cats

ct19720 Great cards my fave is also the bottom one I would love to recieve any of them
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • abusybee
    Options
    Dragonllew - Fab cards.

Mumhug - The cards are great. But I really love the box card and how you used the teddy papers on it. What a bargin they were!

CT - Great cards. Really love the paper on the blue one.

Melissa - Lovely book card. It is really pretty.

Gemm85 - Great card

Debsy - Wonderful cards. My favorite one is the pink butterfly one.

Rainmac - You really have been through the mill recently. Really glad to hear that your mum is ok now. Hope your little one is feeling better soon. If he is anything like my two he won't :confused: learn from it lol. Give him time to recover and he will be back bouncing :j again.

Pollly - Great card. Thank you. Hope you are back to your old self soon. Please don't forget to put my card on before the deadline. Thanks

A Sketch sounds a great idea.

I hope I haven't missed anyone out. If I have please accept my sincere apologies x
    :heart2::rotfl: :rotfl: :heart2:I LOVE A BARGIN:heart2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    TIME TO START SHOPPING FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS
    :dance: I LOVE THE SALES!!!!!:dance:
  • orchid-96
    Options
    Hi, I am totally new to card making (am going to try some scrapbooking too)...I want to start with some easter cards...I have got a pack of nice papers(6x6size) and have a bit of a (probably silly) question...Do you stick papers to your cards? I realise you can stick say squares on etc. but can you cover the whole card with paper?

Sorry for the silly questions, can't wait to read through this whole thread it's really inspiring....
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Orchid - welcome to the thread. There's no such thing as a silly question! I often cover the whole of the front of the card with patterned paper, sometimes I cut it a little larger than the card so that I can fold it over onto the back at the spine of the card so that it looks a bit neater.

CT19720 - great cards, I too love the circle paper. I also like the last card the best - the one you used all of your new bits on.

Gemm85 - fab card, the papers look great together.

Mumhug - wow you really did get a bargain!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure