Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mumhug I love your teddy cards and the box card. the papers are really pretty :T
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dragonllew wrote: »
    I love the teddy cards they look lovely can I ask how you attached the hanging bits on them?
    Heres 2 of the cards I have made this week forgot to take a photo of the 3rd one thanks to saveapenny who posted the arsenal bear.
    th_SP_A0112.jpg
    th_SP_A0111.jpg

Love the cards they are great.

The hanging bits are just attached with clear nylon thread stuck on the inside the tape is hidden with the vellum. hth
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    mumhug wrote: »
    Melissa75 love your book card is really pretty

This is my box card made with the peek a boo that CT19720 very kindly sent me.

DSCF0060-1.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

What beautiful cards Mumhug - the peek a boo box looks superb. I have yet to do one, because I keep changing my mind in a) who to give it to; and b) what the design should be - i'll do one eventually!

Was it a chain of Garden Centres that you got the lovely paper from for £1, or just a one off shop?
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Mumhug - gorgeous cards. It sounds like you got a real bargain for a pound!! What exactly did you get? The papers are so pretty!
    Dragonflew - lovely cards, I think my favourite is the "love" one - the colours are really nice.
    From what I can grasp a sketch challenge is when someone sketches the design of a card, saying for example that the embellishment goes in the centre, and a flower goes in the bottom corner, they tell the structure of the card, but its up to you as to what papers and materials you use. I hope that this makes sense!
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    melissa - love your book card, all pink and girly :)

mumhug - your teddy bear designs look great, very antiquey looking! (if thats even a word!) and sounds like a bargain for £1, was it in a craft section of the garden centre?
  • Gemm85
    Options
    dragonllew wrote: »
    I love the teddy cards they look lovely can I ask how you attached the hanging bits on them?
    Heres 2 of the cards I have made this week forgot to take a photo of the 3rd one thanks to saveapenny who posted the arsenal bear.
    th_SP_A0112.jpg
    th_SP_A0111.jpg

wow the LOVE card looks really cool, so simple yet so effective :j
  • Gemm85
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Rainmac ...so glad to hear your mom doesnt have to have the other op and maybe things now are starting to look up ...Love to all the family
    xx

Polly...your cards lovely and hope your feeling better

Minimacka..sounds like you had a good weekend

Marg...thank you xx

Polly...how about a sketch chalenge? Im sure I can find a good one
    For anyone that doesnt know what it is ...you get a basic layout of a card design and then you use whatever you want to make the card but they all have to be based ont he same sketch

I also think a sketch challenge would be great, I love following sketches as I sometimes get a bit of a mental block when it comes to layouts for cards :o still need to upload my card for the current challenge, I must get round to it later on!
  • ZLS1984
    ZLS1984 Posts: 1,246 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely cards everyone. (sorry not name specific feeling sleepy lol)

I would like to know more about a sketch card not heard of this before.

I made my baby card although I am not happy with it, will try and get pictures on later.
    :wave: Wins in 09 = A vodka cocktail kit thing lol, £150 Amazon voucher.
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Mumhug...those cards are lovely and those papers for £1 what a bargain

Melissa..it doesnt look plain its lovely..ive got 1 started but can think what to decorate it with

Here is an example of a sketch card http://www.learntostampandscrap.com/learn_to_stamp_and_scrap_/card_sketch_challenge/
    What you choose to use is upto you but the matting and layering must me how it is on the layout.. we wont use this one just showing it as an example, if everyone want to do this I will find another one

It can just make you think how to layout your cards and can often be a huge help when your stuck for ideas
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • debsy1963
    Options
    SDC10238.jpg

here are some cards that i've been making, only thing is i never get anything else done lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure