Pots of gold help!

Comments

• zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    I love the idea of these little Pots of Gold! I'm thinking about doing some for my Boys Teachers, they would love to help do something like this and I'm sure the Teachers would appreciate the effort that has gone into it. The little poem that someone wrote is excellent too :T

Thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming!

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • sammr85
    sammr85 Posts: 740
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hi there not sure if these have been posted but B&Q r selling gold planters for £2.99, (silver also) bit pricey if ur making loads but perfect for me who's only making 2 for grandparents. There not available online though

HTH
    Total Debt at LBM - £19107.03
    Total now - £11091.22
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945
    Forumite
    scottishchick27 - why not put in yellow boiled sweets or wrapped fudge? I know they aren't gold but yellowish in colour.

I think i may need to be hypnotised - i eat far too much choccie!
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    lol posted on wrong thread then
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • sammr85 wrote: »
    hi there not sure if these have been posted but B&Q r selling gold planters for £2.99, (silver also) bit pricey if ur making loads but perfect for me who's only making 2 for grandparents. There not available online though

HTH

I will have a look at those, thanks - doing my first pots of gold this year - got the contents but not the pots and could only find them in my local garden centre but they were £6.99 each! :eek: I suppose they could use the B&Q to put plants in when finished too.
  • Has anyone any idea what to put in my mums pot of gold? :confused: She got hypnotised a few years ago to stop her eating chocolate and now she is sick if even the slightest taste of cocoa passes her lips. :eek: It's a flamin' nuisance at this time of year, especially when trying to plan desserts for christmas day as everyone else wants something with chocolate in it. :D I've bought some werthers originals and the lotto card but haven't got anything else for her one.

Maybe some small soaps wrapped in gold paper or toiletries - I think Impulse do those mini cans, I think one of their scents comes in gold can? Boots do the mini travel size things - like little sachets of shampoo - maybe some of those are done in gold.
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540
    Forumite
    Has anyone any idea what to put in my mums pot of gold? :confused: She got hypnotised a few years ago to stop her eating chocolate and now she is sick if even the slightest taste of cocoa passes her lips. :eek: It's a flamin' nuisance at this time of year, especially when trying to plan desserts for christmas day as everyone else wants something with chocolate in it. :D I've bought some werthers originals and the lotto card but haven't got anything else for her one.

I made one last year for my uncle with apricots in as he doesn't eat chocolate.
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    hello all,

a request for help if i may????

i am struggling (to say the least) with ideas for my hubby's birthday which is at the start of december. i love the idea of the pots of gold as he loves sweets and chocolates.

I was thinking of gold coins and ferrero rochers but can anyone else give me some ideas for gold coloured chocolates????

I will adapt the poem to suit a birthday gift.

thanks

by the way...all your pics and ideas are AMAZING!!!!
  • If you're making quite a few 'pots of gold' this site is brilliant.

It has bags of choc. gold foil hearts, tiny choc. neopolitan gold bars, tiny choc.gold metallic buttons, mini gold choc. stars etc. etc. etc.!

(If you type in 'gold wrapped' in the search, there are loads of diff. chocs! Some are huge bags but some start as packs of ten mini chocs so click the detail button)

Chocoholics avoid this site!

http://www.chocolatebuttons.co.uk/erol.html#1X0
  • angelfairy wrote: »
    hello all,

a request for help if i may????

i am struggling (to say the least) with ideas for my hubby's birthday which is at the start of december. i love the idea of the pots of gold as he loves sweets and chocolates.

I was thinking of gold coins and ferrero rochers but can anyone else give me some ideas for gold coloured chocolates????

I will adapt the poem to suit a birthday gift.

thanks

by the way...all your pics and ideas are AMAZING!!!!

Sweets in gold are also werthers originals and asda smart price chocolate eclairs ;) HTH
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure