🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Icesave second email-Week 1

Options

Comments

• azureblue_2
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has not received the 2nd e-mail.

I got the first so logic tells me that everything will be fine. It didn't even get junked.

But the paranoid side of me is checking my e-mail box all the time waiting for it and worrying that something will go tits up and my mail won't arrive!!!

Anyone else doing that?

Yes, oh yes. :eek::confused::mad:
    :hello:
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    Things are looking up compared to when I created the poll,it seems. At the time, it still looked as though the successful icesavers were in low single figures.
    Quite a few received today.
  • tomb60
    tomb60 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thats me also, changed my e-mail address because no joy using TalkTalk, wondering if
    they will put me at the back of the heap for messing them around. Still living in hope
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Things are looking up compared to when I created the poll,it seems. At the time, it still looked as though the successful icesavers were in low single figures.
    Quite a few received today.

Indeed and one received tomorrow and two already received on Friday :D If those people who have already received one on Friday could possibly just check to see what the eiromillions numbers are and share them on here I'm sure we would all be grateful :beer:
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • cos69
    cos69 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    tomb60 wrote: »
    Thats me also, changed my e-mail address because no joy using TalkTalk, wondering if
    they will put me at the back of the heap for messing them around. Still living in hope

No - its OK to change your email.

I changed my email on Sunday and I received the 2nd FSCS email about 12:00 today asking me to do the compensation. I did email them though on the emaqil address they provided for those who did not get the first message just to check its OK and got the standard response from them.

Anyway, one lot of compensation done - now waiting on the wife's account :rolleyes:
    "How could I have been so mistaken as to trust the experts" - John F Kennedy 1962
  • cos69
    cos69 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Optimist wrote: »
    ...... could possibly just check to see what the eiromillions numbers are and share them on here I'm sure we would all be grateful

LOL - would be good, :A
    "How could I have been so mistaken as to trust the experts" - John F Kennedy 1962
  • JamesPond
    Options
    Both first and second emails ended up in my spambox but the confirmation is in my normal mailbox
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JamesPond wrote: »
    Both first and second emails ended up in my spambox but the confirmation is in my normal mailbox

Confirmation email??

What's that then - first I've heard of that.
  • T'Pau
    T'Pau Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    tuggy12 wrote: »
    Confirmation email??

What's that then - first I've heard of that.
    Yes, I received 2 confirmation emails (one for each account), about 6 hours after I claimed.

Dear Mr xxxx

We have received your instructions for your account.

If you have more than one Icesave account for which you wish to be paid compensation using the FSCS depositor compensation payment process, please repeat the process for each account.

Your compensation will be paid into your nominated account by an electronic transfer. This will take about five working days.

If your account was a fixed rate savings account and you have chosen to keep it until maturity FSCS will send you an application form to complete and return.

FSCS is pleased to have been able to help you.

Thank you.

FSCS

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal offence. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us immediately.

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme Limited
    7th Floor
    Lloyds Chambers
    1 Portsoken Street
    London E1 8BN
    Registered in England & Wales No. 3943048
    Live long and prosper.

China in your hands.
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has not received the 2nd e-mail.

I got the first so logic tells me that everything will be fine. It didn't even get junked.

But the paranoid side of me is checking my e-mail box all the time waiting for it and worrying that something will go tits up and my mail won't arrive!!!

Anyone else doing that?
    Yeah! You, me and about 200,000 other people! :rotfl:
    I think I've worn the 'check mail' button out on my pc :o
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport