We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Icesave second email-Week 1

Options

Comments

• ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no!I hope they'll just cheat and pretend they got it at the weekend.
    Oh I see, Friday 14th. LOL

I should have chosen the option of showing usernames after all. Nothing like a bit of naming and shaming.

:whistle:

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has not received the 2nd e-mail.

I got the first so logic tells me that everything will be fine. It didn't even get junked.

But the paranoid side of me is checking my e-mail box all the time waiting for it and worrying that something will go tits up and my mail won't arrive!!!

Anyone else doing that?

Don't worry about the email Jedi, you will get the cash back no problem, we are all confident of that, it's just that some of us inc myself find the process of waiting very frustrating, especially when people come along and write I have had my 2nd email but haven't bothered to log on and sort it yet! Meanwhile others are tearing their hair out waiting! :)
  • DigitalJedi
    Options
    I know. As I said, logically I understand it.

Just terrified something will go wrong again! Its just my luck this year.
  • T'Pau
    T'Pau Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    2nd email received today (Wed) lunchtime. Voted. :beer:
    Live long and prosper.

China in your hands.
  • mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just received 2nd e mail and initiated 1 easy access and 2 fixed accounts. Opted all 3 to go to linked account. Goodbye Icesave!
  • T'Pau
    T'Pau Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    I note that 3 pollsters are confidently forecasting receipt of their email tomorrow and Friday (today is Wednesday). :o
    Live long and prosper.

China in your hands.
  • mrseyes
    mrseyes Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not received my 2nd email yet.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    nilrem wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic here but,
    We never vote for Prime ministers we vote for parties who select the PM, many Prime ministers got the job because the previous occupant resigned rather than getting the job via an election, for example John Major who took the job when one M Thatcher was 'axed'.

No, we vote for MPs but I agree, whatever their party allegiance does usually determine voters' choice.
    However, if a candidate was an excellent MP who looked after the interests of his/her constituents rather than self interest and/or party line then I'd vote for that MP even if they were a member of the "Keep Martians Off The Moon Alliance"!
    Sorry off topic.

On topic- 2nd e-mail received and all now sorted. Good luck to remainder.
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, we vote for MPs

Technically yes but in practice most people vote for a party who ever represents that party, most elections are decided by a tiny percentage of 'floaters' who chop and change! :eek: :)
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    T'Pau wrote: »
    I note that 3 pollsters are confidently forecasting receipt of their email tomorrow and Friday (today is Wednesday). :o

Yup, mine will arrive late Friday evening after all the banks are closed :rolleyes:

Seems I'm not the only one who can make future predictions :rotfl:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport