IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals successes and failures

Options

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    neil_peach wrote: »
    I recently parked my mums car (with disabled badge on display) while she went to the post office. On returning to the car i found a police community officer writing out a ticket. it turned out i was parked in a loading bay.
    i drove off before the ticket could be issued, because my mum was waiting for me outside the post office in the rain.
    5 days later 2 police officers turned up at my girlfriends house asking her to pass on a fixed penalty to me., even though the said fixed penalty notice has no name and address on it, only my mums car registration. (they phoned her to ask who was driving)
    any legal advice will be appreciated thanks.

You could try pepipoo.com for this, but it's an FPN their advice will probably to pay it as the appeal process is through the courts, you will probably lose and your costs could be fivefold or higher! Just pay and bite the bullet.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    neil_peach wrote: »
    I recently parked my mums car (with disabled badge on display) while she went to the post office. On returning to the car i found a police community officer writing out a ticket. it turned out i was parked in a loading bay.
    i drove off before the ticket could be issued, because my mum was waiting for me outside the post office in the rain.
    5 days later 2 police officers turned up at my girlfriends house asking her to pass on a fixed penalty to me., even though the said fixed penalty notice has no name and address on it, only my mums car registration. (they phoned her to ask who was driving)
    any legal advice will be appreciated thanks.

Strange that two Police officers have the time to deliver a FPN! Also that they phoned your Mum.
    As Taffy says the only appeal is to go through the Magistrates court. You haven't got an appeal against the offence as the blue badge is not applicable to areas designated to other vehicles.

Go to http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 and ask, there may well be some issue with the FPN or its issue to you, that they can point to.

I have a feeling you may have to take the hit on this one!:(
  • Geoff_Widders
    Options
    I recently had my parking fine adjudicated (I had parked on a Sunday in Valpy Street, Reading). I was successful on the grounds that "the signage was inadaquate." The decision runs to two pages and condemns the Council, for instance; "The question has to be asked how many more Decisions are required before conforming surface markings and adequate signage are provided, and, not least, directional arrows installed... motorists are faced daily with non conforming and misleading signage."

I have placed the full decision on my website, I believe it might assist motorists who are challenging similar unfair decisions;-

simply google for - Geoff Widders misleading signage. It's top of the results.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    Strange that two Police officers have the time to deliver a FPN! Also that they phoned your Mum.
    As Taffy says the only appeal is to go through the Magistrates court. You haven't got an appeal against the offence as the blue badge is not applicable to areas designated to other vehicles.

Go to http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 and ask, there may well be some issue with the FPN or its issue to you, that they can point to.

I have a feeling you may have to take the hit on this one!:(

The only long shot I can think of is to check with council if the parking is decriminalised or not. If it is has the pcso the right to issue a ticket? I would guess they could if they decided it was obstruction.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • panetelas
    Options
    recieved parking ticket from ncp december 2010. being persude by newlyn to collect debt. threating court action and bailiff. followed previous advice but beginning to panic. should i pay. please help
  • taffy056
    Options
    panetelas wrote: »
    recieved parking ticket from ncp december 2010.
    being persude by newlyn to collect debt. threating court action and bailiff. followed previous advice but beginning to panic. should i pay. please help

The advice is still the same, ignore utterly anything you get through the post, if you get stamped court papers then come back, otherwise don't worry as newlyn don't do court for invoices from parking companies.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • panetelas
    Options
    if i ignore 'newlyn's demands could this affect my credit rating e.g. black listed.
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    if i ignore 'newlyn's demands could this affect my credit rating e.g. black listed.

No definitely not.
  • taffy056
    Options

They need to take you to court , then win and you refuse to pay the judgement within 28 days for a ccj to be added, really you got more chance of winning the lotto jackpot than that happening.
  • harley272000
    Options
    I had my car towed away my a local authority in North London, I had to pay £250 to have my car released from their pound, I appealed because of the lack of sinage on the street where i had parked, The council rejected my appeal, Claiming the 1991 Road traffic act which was abolished, But this was just minor in comparison to what I am about to reveal. The Council also sent me pictures of parking plates on the street next to where my car was parked, which i knew did not exist. I returned to the street with my own camera, And could not find the parking plates, BUT i did find the background of the councils photos showing the block of flats and wooded area, but no parking plates, The council had superimposed the pole an parking plates on to their photo to make it look like i parked illegally. I took it to the tribunal, the council were asked to explain their pictures. But they did not conest my evidence paid me back my money, using my card details that i initially paid the fine with, did not write to me informing me they had returned my money, did not aplogise for the inconvenience they caused me. I am still fighting for compensation and i would appreciate any advice to help. In effect they stole my car, Intentionally superimposed pictures to try and prove their case, this is a criminal act and believe i may have to consider court action for costs, There are other mitigating circumstance surrounding my case that i dont wish to discuss, But I found it difficult to believe that a local authority could do something likethis, But they did, and this proves how dirty they are prepared play to get money from the motorist.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback