Finished Baskets - Part 2

Replies

• Melon78 wrote: »
    Natbag, that looks lovely - love how the monkey is holding the mug :)

Pleased to see a few 'wrapped' under the cello - i was planning on doing this as it means we can deliver them to MILs ahead of Christmas!

Can i sneak a picture in? Its completely unrelated...but we've just had had photos done of our 3 (going to be a fair few christmas pressies sorted lol) and just want to show of my baby girl :)
    th_IzzyCJ.jpg
    You must be proud she is precious!
    You can stand there and agonize........
    Till your agony's your heaviest load. (Emily Saliers)
  • Melon78Melon78 Forumite
    598 Posts
    Junior_J

How about some touchy feely type books? Thinking along these lines:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thats-Usborne-Touchy-Feely-Books/dp/0746056621/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226065705&sr=8-2

or a lava lamp type thing? Seen lots about this time of year
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/026-7760669-6811652?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lava+lamp&x=0&y=0

How about some fairy lights for his bedroom? Have seen some little cars or stars ones in Woolworths in the past.

HTH
    Slightly worn out mum to 3 (DS1 May 03, DS2 Feb 05, DD1 Feb 08). When i grow up i think i'll become a UN Peace keeper....
  • jintybjintyb Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I did it! This is the first year Ive done baskets and it def wont be the last! I did nine this morning: this is an example of the contents:
    For my Mum:
    Pack of two tights from Boots --part of 342 at Boots (I kept the other 2)
    Galaxy dark choc - big bar £1
    Porcelain angel - £1 from Marie Curie shop
    Raspberry ruffle bars - £1 (her favourites)
    Radox shower gel - 50p Asda clearance
    Shower scrunchie thing - 75p
    Silver plated photo from - one of 3 in a box from charity shop ( they were new!) 75p
    Sparkly brooch - freebie from Avon
    This year our family have set a £5 limit on pressies for each other (excluding wrapping). Its been a challenge but extremely do-able. Thanks to this thread, Ive really enjoyed getting my pressies organised this year, much better than just chucking money away on expensive rubbish that no-one uses! Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and support!

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • Thank you to everyone who replied to my Australian Ideas and my mums basket thread! Some brill Ideas to get me going! I'll keep you all posted on how I'm getting along!!
    :j
    :confused::confused: April GC- 50.00 / 250.00 :j
  • jintybjintyb Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Melon78 wrote: »

Pleased to see a few 'wrapped' under the cello - i was planning on doing this as it means we can deliver them to MILs ahead of Christmas!

Can i sneak a picture in? Its completely unrelated...but we've just had had photos done of our 3 (going to be a fair few christmas pressies sorted lol) and just want to show of my baby girl :)
    th_IzzyCJ.jpg
    That is one cute gal! She's adorable!

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • Melon your little princess is adorable :D I would love to get a fairy outfit for my little one for christmas but everywhere seems to sell them for age 3 and up! Any ideas where to look for a smaller size?

Well done to all of the new hamper pics they look great! Keep up the hard work as it is definately paying off!!

Well I am not a happy bunny ... I sat yesterday and wrapped up several hampers (8) which I hadn't got round to doing ... came to do the last one which luckily is for my son and the cellophane ran out!! EEK! damn shame cause OH now has to come to the big crafty warehouse and buy me some more :D:D:D wonder what else I can persuade him to buy
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Oh my word I have made it to the end of these threads!!!!!!!!!

*waves hello madly to the people she feels she knows well after the 300 odd pages*

Ladies you are so talented, and have put the fun back into christmas shopping for me. Since I started reading my bedroom has turned into santa's grotto and DH officially thinks I am going loopy putting flannels in Cupcake cases and talking about snowman soup!!!

For the lady making the basket for the Autistic little boy (sorry have forgotton your name!) how about seeing if poundland have any bath toy nets and putting all the bits in that if a basket wouldn't be used for him afterwards?

I have completed my first Hamper for Dh's Great Nan
    She keeps bees' and makes honey so I bought the honey coloured winnie the pooh handwash as a basis £1.49 added a similar coloured Radox for £1 asda and two Flannel Cupcakes in a basket that was £1.50 from Instore. I am really chuffed with what a lovely present it makes for such little money....normally she would have gt a box of chocs or something.

Unwrapped
    001-2.jpg

Wrapped
    002-2.jpg

Fingers crossed the pics work!!!
    Had to get DH to do the pull bow for me *hangs head in shame* I was being TOO careful apparently! I got the red Christmas tissue paper in huge sheets 15 in a pack I think from hobby craft for 99p!

Katie
    xx
    Katie (age 26)
    Proud Mummy to
    Renee Ann born 25th September 05
    Toby Charles born 25th December 07
    Ollie Leigh born 11th December 09
  • faye1978faye1978 Forumite
    215 Posts
    You have all inspired me to do some baskets now for my pressies this year. Your hampers are all so fab!! I have just done a shop in Tesco and bought a few cheap bits to go in various hampers. I think once I get into it I'm going to really enjoy it.

Thanks girls
  • Melon78 wrote: »

th_IzzyCJ.jpg

she is gorgeous!
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
  • NatbagNatbag Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Melon78 wrote: »

th_IzzyCJ.jpg

Thanks hun - and from that photo I know you're aka sarahm (my DS1 was born the same day as your DS2!) :j
    Nice to 'see' you on here. :)
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides