Options
    great new thread
    :mad: 5 account to clear- £14580.47/£1074.90- 7.3% paid off
    debt free nov 2012 before that I hope
    sealed jar no 420
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    I think the hampers that have the wrapping paper underneath the cello look really lovely, I wish I had waited to wrap mine all up as I would have copied this idea. Will keep it by for next year.
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I love these hampers!

Salduck , can we post pics here as well as the picture thread?

My friend is having contractions so i cant go shopping today im going down to see her!

Jess x
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • salduck
    salduck Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    post away!! the pictures thread was started as people liked to be able to flicl thru and see all the gorg hampers!! It clears this thread slightly as well but noone is saying dont!!
    X
    Mortgage free wannabe! No idea on date yet! £132,350 TBC
    Loan paying off May 2022 £7000
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/willit15/Final1stbasketnotwrapped.jpg

At last I have got to the stage of a finished basket (1 of 6), I will have an attempt at wrapping later today!!

Contents:
    Muffin flannel cake with heart bath bomb
    Nail files and sticks
    Body shop bath Lilly
    Cancer research car air freshener
    Cancer research compact
    Face mask
    Funky tissues
    Set of make up brushes
    Socks
    Radox shower smoothie
    handcream
    Diaary
    1001 wellbeing book (M&S)
    M & S facial wipes
    Hot choc sachet

I have made six of these and including the baskets, wrap and bows they come to £15 each.
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • cookiedough38
    Options
    junior_j wrote: »
    :)

I think this thread will be like 10 pages long by tonight lol!

My brothers one will have a movie kind of theme to it i think! Maybe bag of popcorn , bag of marshmellows , dvd and bottle of coke or some thing? then line the basket with a nice t shirt and novelty pair of socks!

Now here is a question

My Godsons 6 year old have SERVER autism , doesnt speak and is still in nappies and attends a special school..

What do i get him , he has a ton of clothes , and people always buy him clothes for xmas/birthdays.. he gets toys but throws them and doesnt really play with them..

So i thought maybe a bath hamper (he loves baths)
    With

Novelty charecter bubble bath (£2.00 max)
    Novelty charecter flannel (£1.00 max)
    If i can get a small cheap towel for under £3.00 he can have that..
    Pair of jammas for under £4.00
    Cheap pair of slippers £2.00

So thats £12.00 max but i didnt really spend that much , is there any way i can get some cheaper things but make the basket just as nice!

I dont want to spend more then £8.00 (well i do want to spend more but i CANT)

Jess x

My tescos do a bag of popcorn for 49p for your brothers hamper, novelty socks from poundland

For your god sun the bath hamper sounds great. Try wilkinsons for towels, they are really cheaper. Also try poundland for bubble bath. Primark do childrens pjs for £3 and they do fluffy christmas socks for £1 also! Which would save you on the slippers.
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
  • cookiedough38
    Options
    Natbag wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as a hamper, but it's a little wrapped gift I have made for a friend for Christmas.

It contains a mug, mini bottle of rose wine, 3 bars of chocolate from the selection boxes currently £1 in Tesco and a sock monkey (see other thread). All wrapped up in cellophane with a gold pull bow. Total cost - under £3.50. :)

DSC_0143Large.jpg

I want one of these gifts for christmas!
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
  • Melon78
    Melon78 Posts: 598 Forumite
    Options
    Natbag, that looks lovely - love how the monkey is holding the mug :)

Pleased to see a few 'wrapped' under the cello - i was planning on doing this as it means we can deliver them to MILs ahead of Christmas!

Can i sneak a picture in? Its completely unrelated...but we've just had had photos done of our 3 (going to be a fair few christmas pressies sorted lol) and just want to show of my baby girl :)
    th_IzzyCJ.jpg
    Slightly worn out mum to 3 (DS1 May 03, DS2 Feb 05, DD1 Feb 08). When i grow up i think i'll become a UN Peace keeper....
  • faye1978
    faye1978 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    junior_j wrote: »
    :)

I think this thread will be like 10 pages long by tonight lol!

My brothers one will have a movie kind of theme to it i think! Maybe bag of popcorn , bag of marshmellows , dvd and bottle of coke or some thing? then line the basket with a nice t shirt and novelty pair of socks!

Now here is a question

My Godsons 6 year old have SERVER autism , doesnt speak and is still in nappies and attends a special school..

What do i get him , he has a ton of clothes , and people always buy him clothes for xmas/birthdays.. he gets toys but throws them and doesnt really play with them..

So i thought maybe a bath hamper (he loves baths)
    With

Novelty charecter bubble bath (£2.00 max)
    Novelty charecter flannel (£1.00 max)
    If i can get a small cheap towel for under £3.00 he can have that..
    Pair of jammas for under £4.00
    Cheap pair of slippers £2.00

So thats £12.00 max but i didnt really spend that much , is there any way i can get some cheaper things but make the basket just as nice!

I dont want to spend more then £8.00 (well i do want to spend more but i CANT)

Jess x

How about something sensory? Like a light spinny toy like this one? Autistic children generally LOVE these

11841455010.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport