Pap attempts to live on part time wage for a year...

Options
postingalwaysposting
postingalwaysposting Posts: 13,987 Forumite
edited 26 October 2009 at 5:32PM in Debt free diaries
Please see my updated post on 24th October 2009 here Thanks :j

Hello everyonea010.gif, Ok so I have started a new ‘diary’ This time my old diary hasn’t got too many posts but my situation has changed so much in the last two months I thought new beginning = new diary. So those of you who don’t know me my old diary’s can be found here and the recent one here.

So what’s the big change? :confused: Well due to many factors I am about to embark on part time employment. For about 3 years I have worked full time but I am reverting back to part time hours. This means a wage drop from £850 per month to just £400 without overtime.

At the moment I am debt free. The only credit account I have is an Argos card (used for about a year for the 0% deals) so far I haven’t paid a penny interest to Argos. At the moment that card has an outstanding balance of £200 which is all my brothers but its 0% till April 2009.

So welcome, hope you stop by often to see how I am doing and read my ramblings. l9iblush.gif

Comments

• mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gooooooooooooooood Luck Pap. I know you will be able to do it:D
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My goodness PaP!! What an incredibly impressive target! Wow!! I'm going to be here to cheer you on your way :j

Good luck!!
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Good luck. ill pop buy your thred from time to time to see how you are doing
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • katie2407
    katie2407 Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    just want to wish you luck
    :mad: 5 account to clear- £14580.47/£1074.90- 7.3% paid off
    debt free nov 2012 before that I hope
    sealed jar no 420
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    I would wish you luck Pap, but I know you don't need it! If anyone can make a squeeky tight budget work, you're the girl to do it! Perhaps you could start a new 'splurge' pot so that when you do feel like having a little blow out, you've got some cash to do it with so you don't have to touch your actual savings..... I do £10pm (although in reality, I spend WAY more :o )

Sarah x
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    Thankyou all for you good wishes. It sounds hard but in reality I bet it will be simple :D

Sarah, Thanks for the confidence vote, I know I can do this I just wanted somewhere to track it all :rotfl: I was thinking of my splurges. I have promised myself no more craft purchases till at least Febuary. I have two more delivery left in my club which I have already payed for :j Therefore I am hoping to save £20 a month in one of my piggy banks. That way when Febuary comes around I should have £80 to spend :D Using the £172.00 I have spare I have thought if I split it like this it should work ~
    £20 ~ splurge pot
    £5 ~ tolietries (I have a few in my back up box plus I have stoped creaming my face so that will save £10 a month :j)
    £10 ~ pets
    £4 ~ magazine (I have canceled my subscription to my other one (last delivery in January) and the 'new' one I can buy near work)
    £20 ~ entertainment (free bingo once a month)
    £10 ~ itunes downloads

That still leave £102 so that should cover travel (although I am walking back and to work more again) and unexpected costs. Seems fine to me.

How are you and your oh btw? I havent seen you post on your thread in a while :D
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new diary PAP :) Course you can do this :D Will be here supporting you on the way!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    Thankyou all for you good wishes. It sounds hard but in reality I bet it will be simple :D

Sarah, Thanks for the confidence vote, I know I can do this I just wanted somewhere to track it all :rotfl: I was thinking of my splurges. I have promised myself no more craft purchases till at least Febuary. I have two more delivery left in my club which I have already payed for :j Therefore I am hoping to save £20 a month in one of my piggy banks. That way when Febuary comes around I should have £80 to spend :D Using the £172.00 I have spare I have thought if I split it like this it should work ~
    £20 ~ splurge pot
    £5 ~ tolietries (I have a few in my back up box plus I have stoped creaming my face so that will save £10 a month :j)
    £10 ~ pets
    £4 ~ magazine (I have canceled my subscription to my other one (last delivery in January) and the 'new' one I can buy near work)
    £20 ~ entertainment (free bingo once a month)
    £10 ~ itunes downloads

That still leave £102 so that should cover travel (although I am walking back and to work more again) and unexpected costs. Seems fine to me.

How are you and your oh btw? I havent seen you post on your thread in a while :D

Your breakdown looks pretty cool!

OH and are good, we're both off work next week so might actually see each other for more than 1hr at a time (he's been working loads!).... keep forgetting to post my diary, once I've caught up with what everyone else is doing, I run out of time! I will have a bit of spare time in the morning, so I'll do an proper post then! :o
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck pap, i'm sure you'll do it!!
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Just popping in to say great looking SOA and good luck! I'm sure you'll do it! Good luck with the new job too.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills