So Lippy Perfume Site

Options
Would just like to compliment this company on their service and products. I will be using them again as their prices are very competitive and their site may be useful for people as Xmas approaches.

I ordered 50 ml bottle of Caron's Aimez Moi on 23 Oct and have just received 100 ml via RD. Now they may have made a mistake, but I'm extremely happy.

This company holds perfumes that are very difficult to obtain. Certainly not the run of the mill bilge you find on the high street. So if you want something that little bit more unusual, this is the place.

Comments

• Persis7
    Options
    Sorry, Sensemaya, but 'So Lippy' to be avoided like the plague. I placed an order 25 Oct. A week later and no delivery. Emailed Nov 1 and received a so-called 'automated' reply that the order has been updated to 'dispatched'. Sent immediate return email asking when to expect delivery - silence on my second email. This week and still no order. Called 6 Nov and got instant voicemail. Left my number, yet no return call. Sent scathing email, giving them till 8 Nov to either send items or return money. Received reply that they will investigate. Will post again with how my story ends. My worst online shopping experience ever. Either hopelessy run or despicable fraudsters. They got my money (total of £30.94) just two days after I placed my order. It's now two weeks later and I still can't get my products. Visit 'Ciao.co.uk' for other seriously disgruntled customers. How I wish I'd read these reviews first! Will never use them again, even if they finally sort me out. Nothing should be this hard!! PLEASE BE WARNED. :mad:
  • Persis7
    Options
    Following my earlier post, I can now report that I finally got my order from 'So Lippy' today. The products were brand-new and arrived by my deadline of 8 Nov. I expect my threat to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Office of Fair Trading propelled them into action. I was truly disheartened by some of the negative reviews elsewhere and began to have serious doubts as to whether this company even existed. All this is a terrible shame because 'So Lippy' really do stock hard-to-find perfumes at competitive prices. I for one am glad to be able to wear Imari again, a perfume I last owned 20 years ago. I'm happy for you that your experience with this company has been a positive one, Sensemaya. As for me, while after two frustrating weeks I am now satisfied with the outcome, I will never use 'So Lippy' again.
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Persis7

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I too read the reviews on ciao and became worried.

I would post your bad experience in the warnings and rip off forum as it appears these people go from one extreme to the other.

If anyone does have problems with So Lippy the T/Standards Mid Surrey Office phone number is: 01372 371717.

I do find it strange that items under £10 attract P&P of £1.95 whereas items over £10 the P&P shoots up to £3.95.

I find fragrancex very good and they offer free P&P to the UK.

Thought you might like to see this:

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid_perfume-am-lid_I-am-pid_60871W__products.html
  • Aitch7
    Aitch7 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Persis7 wrote: »
    Sorry, Sensemaya, but 'So Lippy' to be avoided like the plague. I placed an order 25 Oct. A week later and no delivery. Emailed Nov 1 and received a so-called 'automated' reply that the order has been updated to 'dispatched'. Sent immediate return email asking when to expect delivery - silence on my second email. This week and still no order. Called 6 Nov and got instant voicemail. Left my number, yet no return call. Sent scathing email, giving them till 8 Nov to either send items or return money. Received reply that they will investigate. Will post again with how my story ends. My worst online shopping experience ever. Either hopelessy run or despicable fraudsters. They got my money (total of £30.94) just two days after I placed my order. It's now two weeks later and I still can't get my products. Visit 'Ciao.co.uk' for other seriously disgruntled customers. How I wish I'd read these reviews first! Will never use them again, even if they finally sort me out. Nothing should be this hard!! PLEASE BE WARNED. :mad:

I also placed an order with So Lippy on 24 November and have just received an email today telling me that my order has been dispatched. I have sent a furious email to them asking why on earth it has taken them 11 days to dispatch my order despite having my money!

It was supposedly sent yesterday but of course didn't arrive this morning so it will now be Monday at best.

I wish I had found this thread earlier and I would also have avoided them. Will post an update saying if my order arrives and if I get a reply to my email.

If there are any more problems I will be phoning the number given on this thread to report them.

Thanks everyone for posting - it's good to know about companies like this.

Best wishes
    aitch7:mad:
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Persis7
    Options
    To Aitch7 - How did things go for you with So Lippy? Further mini-update: Having finally received my order on 8 Nov, for some inexplicable reason I was also refunded £3.95 on 13 Nov. I can only assume that they thought I wanted to RETURN my items(?), for which they footed the postage. Either that, or it was a small compensatory gesture for the aggravation caused. In any event, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and they clearly need to get their act together. Sigh! :confused: Here's hoping your outcome was eventually 'favourable'.

To Sensemaya - I will certainly consider posting on the 'Warnings and Rip-Offs' forum, as you've suggested. And thanks for the link to FragranceX. I've run across them before but have never used them. Will buy perfume from anyone (well, perhaps not from So Lippy again!), so will give FragranceX a shot. Cheers! ;)

Happy New Year to all, by the way!
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greetings Persis7

Just googled So Lippy because I want some more Cristobal ( after Bal a Versailles, Cristobal is my fav perfume)...couldn't be bothered looking in my perfume favs...and it's good to see the MSE link is just underneath the main website.

I'm reluctant to use So Lippy again, because the customer service is rubbish...no reply to emails, can't get through on the phone...voicemail and they don't phone back...and I think having to wait up to 2 weeks is unacceptable to deliver to the UK.

Take Liz Earle, for example, fantastic service and great products. Every delivery takes 3 days max.

Let's talk about FragranceX.

Bought loads of perfume from this site and it appears it's always free P&P to the UK. Never had a bad experience and always received the perfume, although it can take up to 3 weeks. Acceptable in my eyes because they are based in the States.

My latest acquistion is Niki De Saint Phalle. Now you don't often hear about people wearing that perfume! Bought the tester for around £15. OK, it's without it's top, but provided in a box, so who wants to pay double just because the EDP has a top to it?

What I have found though is some perfume like Chanel and Guerlain, for example, is actually no cheaper and sometimes more expensive than the UK shop price. The Niki body lotion is £15 for 100ml, so that works out quite expensive. Solved that because there is an ebay seller who has got it BIN for £4.99 100ml plus £1.50.

I'm waffling.

But...if you want something that is a bit unusual, you can't beat FragranceX. Love the chance to write reviews too and read them. Like everything else in life it boils down to research.

Aitch7 - hope you get back to us soon.

Happy New Year too!
  • Aitch7
    Aitch7 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sensemaya wrote: »
    Greetings Persis7

Just googled So Lippy because I want some more Cristobal ( after Bal a Versailles, Cristobal is my fav perfume)...couldn't be bothered looking in my perfume favs...and it's good to see the MSE link is just underneath the main website.

I'm reluctant to use So Lippy again, because the customer service is rubbish...no reply to emails, can't get through on the phone...voicemail and they don't phone back...and I think having to wait up to 2 weeks is unacceptable to deliver to the UK.

Take Liz Earle, for example, fantastic service and great products. Every delivery takes 3 days max.

Let's talk about FragranceX.

Bought loads of perfume from this site and it appears it's always free P&P to the UK. Never had a bad experience and always received the perfume, although it can take up to 3 weeks. Acceptable in my eyes because they are based in the States.

My latest acquistion is Niki De Saint Phalle. Now you don't often hear about people wearing that perfume! Bought the tester for around £15. OK, it's without it's top, but provided in a box, so who wants to pay double just because the EDP has a top to it?

What I have found though is some perfume like Chanel and Guerlain, for example, is actually no cheaper and sometimes more expensive than the UK shop price. The Niki body lotion is £15 for 100ml, so that works out quite expensive. Solved that because there is an ebay seller who has got it BIN for £4.99 100ml plus £1.50.

I'm waffling.

But...if you want something that is a bit unusual, you can't beat FragranceX. Love the chance to write reviews too and read them. Like everything else in life it boils down to research.

Aitch7 - hope you get back to us soon.

Happy New Year too!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info - well the order did not arrive for another week - turned out that So Lippy had written the wrong postcode on the envelope so it had been to another area of Leeds first!!!! - I checked my confirmation email and they had clearly stated my address correctly on that one so I know I typed in the correct postcode.

I have since emailed them again asking to make a complaint and they have never got back to me - just appalling!

I would recommend - Frangrance Direct, Duty Free perfume and Direct Cosmetics websites as they are all excellent! they just didn't have my perfume this time as it is discontinued and now difficult to track down - but I have used all 3 of them for years.

I am now going to report So Lippy.

Best wishes
    Aitch7
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • R7AN
    Options
    I placed an order with these guys thinking it was a great deal. Turned out I was wrong. They have taken the money but not sent any product.
    14 days, 4 emails and 1 wasted telephone call and still no perfume.
    Have contacted trading standards to try to resolve.
    Avoid this company at all means
  • Rile
    Options
    Dont use these under any circumstance!!I ordered perfume on 20th october..2 e-mails and 3 phone calls..to an answerphone..later..not a squeek!!Fraid they are not what They seem..I will not leave matters here..trading standards next..then I think the Revenue and customs!!
  • snowdrop88
    Options
    Does anyone have the address and/or telephone number for this company, please? If I don't receive a response by tomorrow, I intend to go through the Small Claims Court for an order on which this company has debited my card, but has not sent the goods.
    Persis7 wrote: »
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure