Options
1235»

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Get a Shell credit card - 3% off
    With Egg Money you get 1% cashback on all purchases. So while this offer is going there is little to choose between the two.
    I was going to get a Shell credit card... and then this offer started!
  • derekyau
    Options
    Hi.

I take it the Egg 2% cashback has finished now?
    I cant find it on their site anymore :-(

Oh well.

D.
  • IWantToBeFree_2
    Options
    It was supposed to run for selected card holders until 31 March 2009.

Mine never comes on automatically and I have to nag them for it
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    With Egg Money you get 1% cashback on all purchases. So while this offer is going there is little to choose between the two.

You get 1% on all on the shell card aswell. I'm suprised it doesn't show more clearly in Martin's credit card round up - if you're going to buy petrol from Shell anyway it's actually better than Egg Money because you get a payout each month
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Shell 3% Shell petrol and 1% everything else (6% petrol and 2% 1st month) - so no, Shell card is better
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cheapnike is spam reported
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • StrawberryJam_2
    Options
    IggyB wrote: »
    I received the instant cashback for my first few transactions at the local Shell garage. Then when I next checked I noticed the next three from the same garage weren't credited. Secure messaged Egg. They responded within 2 days and manually added the correct sum 2 days after that.

It then worked OK at another Shell garage but then failed to appear a couple of days ago when I used my local Shell. So SM'd Egg again requesting a manual transfer. Going through now.

Looks like there's a technical gremlin somewhere in the system so best to check your online statements regularly and SM Egg as soon as you see its missing.

I am using Shell garages, and my transaction in January didnt get instant cash back, sent them a message, and credit was added.
    same situation again in February and just had a message reply saying

'The shell offer of cash back is if your fill up at self service petrol points. I've you've used one of these you'll have received cash back. If you haven't no cash back is due. Thanks for your message.'

Why would I send them a message on this matter if I didnt use Shell? First time around it was resolved, this time around they are being idiots! Just proves that the staff are indeed clueless! really annoyed at this response, particularly as it is a technical problem between Egg and Shell... like i say theives!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure