PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• FairyElephant_2
    Options
    Yippeee! November challenge here we come!!! (sorry - just trying to get up a bit of enthusiasm as not been feeling too good lately!).

I'd like to set my budget at £175 this month please.

A little bit more than last month's at £160 (well I managed £164) as DH & I need to make sure we eat even more healthily than usual as we're embarking on another round of IVF starting in November. Will need to build in some 'treats' though, as the drugs messing around with my hormones seem to make me want to eat chocolate and 'comfort food' (ladies, think PMT for about 4 to 6 weeks - yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Good luck to everyone for November and wrap up warm!

FE
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
  • curly_cabbage
    Options
    HI
    Mrs M can you put me down for £200 this month please

Thanks

CC
  • Money_Fritter
    Options
    Hi Folks

I am in for the November Grocery Challenge. Can you put me down for £90 for the month.

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
  • Dex
    Dex Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Can I join?

Id like to go down for £60 for the month please, don't know how realistic that is, but it's just me and i cook most things from scratch so we'll see!

Dex
    1 debt vs 100 days part 6-11total paid £8,135.86 Final Debt [STRIKE]6,948.61[/STRIKE] £3,174.94
  • scaredy_cat
    scaredy_cat Posts: 7,758 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join in for November's challenge - especially as i'm being made redundant on the 14th :eek: so i must tighten the spending belt a bit!!

I'd like to be put down for £110 - this will include the cat's food and litter stuff as well!:o
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• perrywinkle
    perrywinkle Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2012 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Perrywinkle
  • duvetdc
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to all this. Can you put me down for £400 for the month of November please. This is for everything; toiletries, cleaning stuff etc.

Looking at everyone elses' posts it looks like I've a long way to go. I will check out the receipes.

Thanks

Duvet de chardon
  • pinknfluffy
    Options
    Hi Mrs M

Please put me down for £350.00 for November. I have failed miserably for October, already overspent by 20.00 and a booze delivery from MrT on its way (it is for a party tho) so will probably end up declaring at about 500.00 I've seriously got to get a grip of my finances!!!! I start off the month ok and then towards the end my spending goes out of control.
    Be kinder than necessary because we do not know the battles that someone else may face

A103, A210, U211, EA300, Y163, AA316, DSE141, A300 = BA (Hons):T
    A815 MA (current)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone:hello:
    Well still no work for me, so am really struggling at the mo:(DD's moving into her flat at start of Nov so my shopping bill will be less, and I can live on soups, veggie curries etc.I will be using this board for inspiration and new recipes.Have had 2 NSDS in a row:j :j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMIGod...November already...put me down for €300 again please Mrs MC...not sure where I finished in October, but definitely over!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family