PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Gingerbread men and other ginger bread recipes

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Serve them with a glass of milk and tell them to dunk:D

Thanks for your recipe Tigs,I've been looking for one without eggs;)
  • viccig
    viccig Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you everyone (the thanks button has gone :confused: ) i made Tigs' recipe and they are fab! Really lovely thank you tigs the recipe was so quick and easy!!
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tigs78 wrote:
    This recipe makes lovely squishy gingerbread men...

1) 80g Margarine
    2) 2 tbs Golden syrup
    3) 60g Sugar
    4) 1 tsp of Ginger (powder)
    5) 1/2 tsp Bicarb
    6) 180g Flour

Warm 1, 2 & 3 slighty and 'cream' together, sieve 4, 5 & 6 and mix in. Roll out. Gas mark 5 for 15 - 20 mins.
    This sounds lovely but do i use SR flour or plain?
    Thanx
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    I wondered that too! Also...havnt got any bicarb..can I skip it or replace it with something else perhaps? :confused:
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • mandy_moo_1
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i think its the bicarb that puts the 'cracks' on the top of the biscuits, but still don't know which flour to use.....anyone know? i wanted to make some of these at the week end cos they sound gorgeous.
    Off topic, what's happened to our avatars? and we can't click on the smileys anymore :(
  • tigs78
    tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
    It's plain flour... Not sure what the result would be without the bicarb - can't imagine that it would make them taste nasty so why not just give it a go and report back!
  • mandy_moo_1
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks for letting me kno bout the flour tigs....gonna av a go this week end! x
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Yeah thanks tigs, im gonna make em this aft minus the bicarb..if they turn out ok, i'll let my little lad help make some too :p
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Just made some of these. Absolutely lovely and soft. Really were easy gingerbread men to make.

Thanks to the poster.
  • mandy_moo_1
    Combo Breaker First Post
    just wanted to let you know i've just made some of these...i'm not the world's best baker, but these were bl**dy lovely!!! :D
    didn't have a gingerbread man cutter so i made the mix into walnut sized balls and flattened em slightly and they taste as good as McVities!!!
    This was such an easy recipe, does anyone know if i could make variations along the same lines ie) substitute the ginger for cocoa to make chocolate ones?
    Thanks to OP for this post :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport