PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• JoanUK36
    Options
    I have bought 2 apartments in Bulgaria with Ambasun. A studio in Cornelia, Bansko and a one bedroom apartment in Dawn Park, Sunny Beach. I saw the updated pictures on www.ambasun.bg and it looks like the developments are being built. I also contacted my solicitor in Bulgaria and she confirmed that the construction works have not stopped. I am sending my last installments directly to the developer as I want to avoid Ambasun holding my money.
  • RIANNE_2
    Options
    I have received a reminder from Nadya of Ambasun bg asking for my final installment which is due on 1st Dec 08
    I am reluctant to part with the money as the last pictures on Ambasun bg website look no different from when I visited the site back in August this year. I have told her I am not paying anything else until I receive pictures. She has told me the developer can charge if the installment is not made. My contract actually states I can charge them if they do not complete fully by 31st Dec 08

anyone else received final reminders for last installments?

rianne
  • RIANNE_2
    Options
    JOANUK36

hAS your developer received all monies you have paid to Ambasun UK?

Are you using Anna as your solicitor?
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    RIANNE

thanks for the info. yes interesting. at what point would you say we are in dispute and try and claim our money back according to the contract. is whats happening at present reguarded as a dispute? or only if building gets delayed beyond 31st Dec? my contract seems the same as yours.i'm very intersted in your views and what you are going to do.
  • Clive_M_3
    Options
    I have just acted on behalf of a client who was in a similar situation to most of you. It appears Ambasun in U.K. have vanished and I have built up a good relationship with Delagio by numerous emails and telephone calls. I would be willing to help anyone in a similar situation and act on their behalf on a no result no fee basis, if interested email me at clivemounce@hotmail.com
  • RIANNE_2
    RIANNE_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    SIHAN

I have been speaking to Ambasun in the UK Coleshill office still exists.
    The Manager mark has emailed me all confirmations of bank transfers and receipts from the Bulgarian bank, the beneficiary account stated is Anna, will give you more details if you PM. I have sent these over to her to question as all monies from the evidence I have appear to be with her. Only emailed her this morning so havent had a response yet.

The windows are in at the Albatros, however the internal work still needs to be done. I have latest pictures if you want them. I previously asked Anna where we stood with cancelling and she states that if the developer fails to deliver 'as agreed' (contract states he is allowed to go 6 month over date of completion) then he has to pay compensation and we are entitled to monies back, however he must sell on the apartment to another party before he can reimburse us. I havent paid my last installment and dont intend to until Anna confirms the money is in the account that she is named as beneficiary.

I think the dispute could be something to do with exchange rates regarding oru payments in sterling and the transfer to Euro. As you know there has been a lot of movement so the fx rate may be affecting the payments the developer thinks he should be getting and the amount Ambasun have sent him as we have all paid in sterling to Ambasun.

Have you managed to find out more?
  • mark08
    mark08 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,I am also in dispute with Ambasun and Developer. I have e/mailed Anna to say that they have broken the contracts by changing the payment method.My contract states all payments are to birmingham and not to Developers account.Under these circumstances I am going to ask her for a new contract before I pay my final payment.I want a confirmed completion date in a new contract with compensation If building is not finished.I have been told by Desi at ambasun BG that the builder cannot carry on until monies come in from us.I dont want to pay for my appartment in full to find out he cannot complete because of lack of funds.I dont believe we should pay any more payments until we can resolve this with new contracts.
  • Pearl1
    Pearl1 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    My wife and I have also purchased in Bansko through Ambasun and are too having the same problems. Getting any kind of communication from the Birmingham branch has been a waste of time, emails are never answered and any phone calls are usually passed onto Sharon who dodges the truth and basically tells you what you want to hear. Anna Pravchanska up until a couple of months ago has been quite helpful but she has now realised that her fees have also been held by Ambasun, she obviously feels she also could be at risk so her email replies of recent have been limited. At present I am in the process of getting my contract translated as Delagio feel the contract is not binding due to another developers name on the contract and that only an Ambasun representative has signed the contract. Although the contract states if there are any differences in translation the English version takes priority, this is clearly not the case. I also have no mention in my contract regarding completion delays as my contract only goes up to Art 12 and is then signed, is this the same for anyone else? We all need to stick together on this, I am flying out next month and will hopefully sort some issues out with Anna and Delagio in Sofia, and then onto Vesi in Bansko.
    Starting tomorrow a constuction ban will start and will last till the beginning of April. No heavy and light trucks with construction materials will be allowed into Bansko. The construction ban does, of course, not affect interior building works.

Regards
  • Horseman_2
    Options
    The Bansko construction ban (always rather loosely observed anyway) does not affect any of the developments that Ambasun sold as all of those are in the Razlog district.
  • ianian99
    ianian99 Posts: 3,095 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ANYONE buying property in bulgaria is crazy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts