PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• Misty_mew
    Options
    geoffky wrote: »
    How Will You Go Through With A Claim If You Don't Speak The Lingo And I Bet Their Lawyer Friends Are Waiting In The Wings To Fleece More Money Off You All......

Ambasun are based in Birmingham. I think they still speak English there!
  • Misty_mew
    Options
    Sirhan wrote: »
    have also hadthe same letter for Albatros Ltd in Bansko. been phoning also chatting to Sharon and Co. told that British and Bulgarian partners have fallen out. had 2 meetings so far where one or the other have not turned up. now date is set for 27th Nov 2008. all ambersun tell me is that they are cash rich company. dont know how that is supoose to help us??
    i dont want to give up any more money is there any way that they are in breech of contract and we can get some of our money back. seems too risky to continue with them. i' have lost confidence in Ambasun and buying in bulgaria now.

Very strange, Sharon told me they were an asset rich company. Not helpful! I'll be in touch if she phones again.
  • johnarm_2
    Options
    i dont know where we stand with withholding payments, i suggested making a credit card transaction as our final payment was due on the 5th nov for cornilia apartments in bansko. anna the solicitor sent 3 e-mails two of them saying she could not accept payment by card and then finally an e-mail stating that the developer would accept payment via the card but the charges would be 5% what do you think
    john
  • spamella_2
    Options
    Hi

Got your email Sirhan on Irish forum. Spamella here. I am in same boat - have sent countless mails to developer and solicitor and just want a straight forward answer. Build doens't look finished (amba Pearl 2) and my last payment is due 28/11/08.

Have asked an Irish Solicitor to look at the contract for some advice
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    Johnarm i would not pay anything til the build is complete and the habitation certificate is given. the final payment is the only leverage we have now. no guarentee when they will complete if ever. also are you sure your credit card company will compensate you if things go wrong?? have you discussed it with them?? let me know your thoughts
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    Spamella please let us know how you get on with your Irish Solicitor. don't know if you been dealing with the solicitor found by Ambasun called Anna in Bulgaria but from her emails she seems very one sided and doesnt appear to have our interests in mind. well thats my impression. according to her shes not been payed the Solicitor fees that we all payed at the beginning to Ambasun. thats from most clients not just me. same as what the developers are claiming. i'm sure thats why she's appears more interested to get the developers their money so she can get hers. take everything she says with a pinch of salt.
    i'm sorry to say that i trust no one involved in this execpt you guys as u in the same boat as me!!
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    also Johnarm,
    it's the credit card compnay that charges the credit card transaction fee and i'm sure its about 2%. its not for the developer to make up a random figure to MAKE more money out of you. i'd tell them where to go.
    has anyone had any more information from Ambasun as they must have the main responsibility in all this mess and to sort it all out?? think about it. we could have bought these properties directly from the developers at a lot lower price. but we chose to get a UK company to sort it all out as we dont know jack about buying in Bulgaria. now its Ambasun responsibity to sort it all out. thats what we paid the exta money for. So we should expect the service that we paid the premium price for. and if we dont get it take them to court and Sue them. Apparently they are a "asset rich company" so im sure they can afford it.
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    so you all wanted easy money and got duped? :(

Sad in many ways

sad that you lost money and been duped
    sad that you were conned into this BTL bubble... by tv.. media etc
    sad that you could afford to send this amount of cash abroad... did you remortgage to fund this?
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    everyone of them are chancers......unlucky you lost

have you never given it a thought as to what you do for the local people and the effect you have on them....you wreck their micro economy.
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • tishme
    tishme Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Just so you know from the start, I am a UK based real estate agent selling property in Bulgaria.

Bulgaria has had some bad press and in many cases, rightly so. It is a developing country and there is still a long way to go but believe it or not things are improving!

The key thing when buying anywhere is to do lots of research, I spoke to a young chap who paid £100,000 for a property which I could get him similar for half-this as there are some good bargains about if Bulgaria is still where you want to purchase.

An agent asking for money to be sent to them would give me alarm bells, as an agent I have always got clients to send money to the reputable developers bank account. Also, always make sure you get a receipt from the developer.

There is lots for sale around the Black Sea, they built too much too soon but if you want an apartment for holidays and longer term investment then go for it but for short-term quick buck investments I suggest look elsewhere. In Sunny Beach I have apartments for sale at 490 euro per sq m but also ones at 3000 euro per sq m, the prices range hugely.

The main point of my post is Bulgaria is not for everyone but people must understand, I am an agent and I don't steal money please don't assume the whole property market is dodgy because some of us care about clients!

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport