PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• johnarm_2
    Options
    I came across this forum while looking for the new number for ambasun in birmingham.
    We have purchased a studio apartment in sunny beach and all apears to have gone ok its built and more or less ready to rent out. We are due to make a payment for another apartment in Bansko but reading about what is happening has made me very cautious. I rang Diane who is standing in for Sharron while she has been ill and was told the partners were due to meet the bulgarian counterpart this week to sort thinks out and all would be explained after this meeting. I said i would not pay anything untill this was sorted but i dont know what guarantees they could give to put my mind at rest. The only thing i could think of was to pay in monthly installments by credit card so if the worst came to the worst then at least that amount would be covered. if anyone has any updates or would like to communicate i would love to hear from you.
  • FraudBuster
    Options
    See #14 from 15th October:
    I've spoken to Ambasun UK who tell me that their Cheif Executive and Finance Director are flying out to sort it out this week. I'm supposed to have call Friday to let me know what going on. Your contacts should be the same -I've always dealt with Sharon -what about you?
  • 

Hyacinth wrote: »
    I am currently in the process of purchasing a studio apartment in Bulgaria from Ambasun (we entered into this before the credit crunch!).

I have received letters from Delagio who are the builders of the development to say that they have terminated their contract with Ambasun because they were not passing on clients money to them but any future payments should go directly to them.

I contacted Delagio and they have said there accountants are currently working through reports to see what payments from clients have been received by them from Ambasun - hopefully they have received our previous payments!

What has happened to Ambasun - i have searched the web and can find nothing!

Anyone else in the same situation - worried sick!!!!!

I have just come across this site and have almost paid for an apartment and have received the same info as you and dont know what to do. have you had and further development
    Elizabeth
  • Can anyone advise what to do I am afraid if i dont make a payment i will break the contract and lose all my money or if i do pay lose even more i dont know who to believe or what to do
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    have also hadthe same letter for Albatros Ltd in Bansko. been phoning also chatting to Sharon and Co. told that British and Bulgarian partners have fallen out. had 2 meetings so far where one or the other have not turned up. now date is set for 27th Nov 2008. all ambersun tell me is that they are cash rich company. dont know how that is supoose to help us??
    i dont want to give up any more money is there any way that they are in breech of contract and we can get some of our money back. seems too risky to continue with them. i' have lost confidence in Ambasun and buying in bulgaria now.
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    i am glad i have found a site with people in the same boat as me. we should coordinate how we proceed. Ambasun keeping us in the dark. i for one will not give them any more money til things are crystal clear. no point throwing good money after bad. i have paid 30k so far and due to pay 20k in December 08. i think communication is vital between ourselves in this kind of situation.
    I know Ambasun been around for 8-9 years mainly doing buisness in Spain. they seemed a solid company when i researched them prior to my investment. but these are now hard times. just dont know how solid an investment they are now?
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    the other question is that obviously we are getting regular pics that the buildings are getting built. if alot of clients now refuse to pay any further money will the work stop? also can anyone take us to court to get the rest of the funds if we refuse to pay the rest?

If anyone bought the Albatros appartments in Bansko got a question for you. At the time of purchase i was told that Ambasun was so confident that this was a good investment that they were going to make part of the Albatros into a hotel and that Ambasun would itself own this. was anyone else told this??

also i payed for a furnishing pack. if all goes belly up does anyone feel that at least i can claim that back from Ambasun?
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    How Will You Go Through With A Claim If You Don't Speak The Lingo And I Bet Their Lawyer Friends Are Waiting In The Wings To Fleece More Money Off You All......
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Sorry about all your problems but does anyone find the name of the development rather strange!
    ALBATROS
    see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rime_of_the_Ancient_Mariner
    good luck
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    the building is called Albatros but we all been dealing with the same agents called Ambasun international. also was thinking if dont get anywhere could try Watchdog or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure