Dunster House Log Cabnis, nice cabin shame about the ingrained dirt

Options
15678911»

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    From personal experience six years ago I would recommend one of the Trentan range from this company, delivered in sections and fully assembled on site by the company.

https://www.leisurebuildings.com/acatalog/trentan-log-cabins-uk.html

And no, I have no connection with them apart from being a satisfied customer.
  • JooFox
    JooFox Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Last April (2016) I finally ordered a Premiumplus Radley log cabin from Dunster House. So we are now a year in, I'm sat in my garden office with a view across a rolling Somerset view and the 'Garden Office' is awesome.
    I may have been fortunate, but I paid £20 extra for a second person to help unload which meant I could stand drinking tea and checking things off. The driver, who didn't assist in unloading stood with me and was really knowledgable and gave me some tips on building the structure.
    There was mountains of wood. I went for the fully insulated roof/floor/walls with exotherm and for around £5000ish I couldn't be happier.
    Crucially, it seems the fact I didn't need to deal with Dunster House after delivery may have been key, but I can't really fault them.
    Friends are blown away by the cost of our office/spare bedroom and it has a really quality feel to it. Sure there has been some wood movement over time and I've had to make some adjustments. The doors could be smoother to open, but if I spend some time on that I'm sure I can resolve it.
    The whole thing probably took a week to build, between working. They are good value, but I would have been properly mardy if I was left without instructions as it's a monster project and a very expensive mountain of wood to just be sat in your garden.
  • colinlb
    Options
    4 year old DH cabin, I lifted the lino to find the floor has gone rotten.
    My opinion is the bearers are too thin & have trapped moisture and !!!! in the channels between the bearers.
    Be warned...
  • jimbob010
    Options
    Cripes. My wife and I were planning on putting down a deposit of a £10k garden office this weekend! I certainly won’t be doing so after reading the horror stories below. Well done everyone for taking the time to warn others. !!!128077;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure