PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chicken legs....inspiration needed....help!!!

Options

Comments

• CupcakeLisa
    Options
    I have some uncooked chicken drumsticks in my fridge that need to be used today.

I am looking for a fairly healthy recipie as I am starting weight watchers today

Any ideas?

I have had a search of recipies but cant find anything
    Best Wins - New York Trip, going Nov 2014: £350 House of Frazer Vouchers: £70 Handbag: Nitro Circus Live Tickets
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take all the skin off and make a slow stew with carrots, onions, mushroom etc.

It really is gorgeous especially in this weather. :)
  • CupcakeLisa
    Options
    Im sorry but I have no idea how to make a stew :(
    Best Wins - New York Trip, going Nov 2014: £350 House of Frazer Vouchers: £70 Handbag: Nitro Circus Live Tickets
  • kittycat204
    kittycat204 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    Options
    i would roast them with lemon and garlic or soy and honey so they ended up all sticky
    Opinion on everything, knowledge of nothing.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This thread has lots of ideas that should help:

And these thread have recipes for making chicken stew or casserole:

chicken stew recipes pls

How do i make a traditional chicken casserole?

I'll add your thread to the first link later to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • CupcakeLisa
    Options
    i would roast them with lemon and garlic or soy and honey so they ended up all sticky

that sounds amazing.....how would you actually do it though? do I just put my chicken in the oven and cover it in soy and honey?
  • heretolearn_2
    Options
    As long as you take the skin off first you can't really go wrong (unless you cook them in loads of cream or something of course!).

I like them rubbed with jerk seasoning and just bunged under the grill for about 30 mins. Also done in a stew as above - I put them in the slow cooker for a couple of hours on high and the meat just falls off. Also Weight watchers do a few nice cooking sauces if you prefer those - I love the Tikka Masala one. You can use those with joints of chicken as well as pieces.
    Cash not ash from January 2nd 2011: £2565.:j

OU student: A103 , A215 , A316 all done. Currently A230 all leading to an English Literature degree.

Any advice given is as an individual, not as a representative of my firm.
  • kittycat204
    Options
    use these ideas as a guide
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090115073313AApUVg8

honest, you can't go too wrong if you cook it long enough
  • CupcakeLisa
    Options
    This thread has lots of ideas that should help:

And these thread have recipes for making chicken stew or casserole:

chicken stew recipes pls

How do i make a traditional chicken casserole?

I'll add your thread to the first link later to keep the suggestions together.

Pink

thanks pink-winged i can alway rely on you to find the thread i need! i was searching drumstick instead of leg!
  • kittycat204
    Options
    Miss
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittycat204

that sounds amazing.....how would you actually do it though? do I just put my chicken in the oven and cover it in soy and honey?

just put in a roasting tin that is quite snug and either add some garlic, sliced or crushed and slice some lemon and dot it around the roasting tin.

with the honey and soy, just cover lightly, don't drown them.

for both i would slash the chicken legs to the bone so the flavour can get it. keep turning them while they are in the oven so the coating is even and helps stop burning.

good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure