PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chicken legs....inspiration needed....help!!!

Options

Comments

• bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    We ofter have a piri piri type sauce, or roast them with lemon potatoes and veg (our cheap sunday lunch!) or bbq sauce, jacket potato and beans
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tandoori drumsticks.

1 small carton plain yogurt
    2tablespoons tandoori mix ( available in the asian foods section of supermarket)
    1tablespoon of oil
    1tablespoon lemon juice.

Remove the skin from the chicken, mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl. Slash chicken and cover with mixture.
    Leave in a cool place for 1 hour then cook in the oven at gas5 for 45 mins.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Archiesdad,

As your thread has dropped down the board I've added it to the main thread on chicken drumstick recipes to give you more ideas.

Pink
  • cookhead
    cookhead Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    We are shortly having a gathering with buffet style food - part of which will be chicken drumsticks.

We don't want them all just plain roasted - are there any sauces you can buy (got too much to do to make) that can just be slapped on them prior to roasting so we have some variations?
  • lurkey*is*here
    Options
    you want bottled? Tesco atm have quite a few foregin foods on 3 for 2 Im sure there are different marinades and stuff in the offer diffinatly there is jack daniels bbq one in it because Ive had 3 bottles in my shopping this morning
    Tesco do little packs of Nados seasoning aswell the mild one (lemon & something or other) is very nice they do the medium and hot ones aswell one little bag (about £1) covers 3 big chickens for me so it would go along way on drumsticks
  • mi_jardin
    mi_jardin Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    I like mixing wholegrain mustard with honey and marinating them overnight in the fridge.
    They come out lovely and sticky when roasted, or you can bbq them.
  • Aarons_mummy
    Options
    If I'm short for time I have a bottle of Asda BBQ sauce 98p and it would do a huge pack plus about half leftover to use for pizza base sauce etc. They come out scrummy!

Or cover with chives, lemon, S&P those are good too.
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • sp1987
    sp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    Options
    If I'm short for time I have a bottle of Asda BBQ sauce 98p and it would do a huge pack plus about half leftover to use for pizza base sauce etc. They come out scrummy!

Or cover with chives, lemon, S&P those are good too.

I was going to suggest the ASDA BBQ sauce. But I buy one in a jar. Don't suppose it makes much difference except mine is more a cooking sauce than a concentrated sauce. Could use them as a dip too for people who are unsure what they do/do not like?

I have them plain roasted and then dip them in things it would have been easier to cook them in. There must be others like me. :o
  • Green_eyes_3
    Options
    If you're pushed for time. Try mixing ketchup, honey, and soy sauce together, and marinading them. Wash with lemon juice first.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Crushed garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and good glug of vinegar. Roast until cooked, sweet and sticky.

Or leave in bowl of yoghurt, lemon juice and tandoori spice blend from shop. Then Roast until lightly charred.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family