My Regaining the Focus and Getting Back on Track Diary

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes you should come back here more - we miss you!

Glad that you had a good holiday! How's life?
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    Not sure why but I can't seem to get the thanks button to work properly. :confused:

Life is OK, it would be nice if OH had more regular work so that we could rely on his income but it also means he's spending a lot of time with us, so swings and roundabouts really, I suppose.

The kids are good; can't believe DS is in his final year at school and DD in her final year at primary when we go back. Both need to start looking at places to move onto as DS's school doesn't have a sixth form. Tom is coming on well and playing a lot more independently so I'm not as tied up with him all of the time. He's starting nursery one day a week in September so we'll see how that goes.

Work - I go back next week (although there'll be no children until the following week) but not sure I'm looking forward to it. The new Reception children seem... interesting!

Been mulling over last night and I definitely need to come on here more, not only to update this but to read others' diaries as that's where I stole the best money-making / saving ideas from. I also need to start getting back on other sites that I've sadly neglected. Think I need a challenge of doing the little things that all add up...

Off to have a shower and a think...
  • pandapaws
    pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Options
    Lol, you had a think and thought otherwise of it obviously! I know exactly what you mean, my diary has been completely neglected for the past few months as well. I suppose that's one of the great things about this site though - you get such a warm welcome when you come back, even if you've been naughty.

Glad that you had a great holiday, you certainly deserved it after all getting rid of all (or most, if there's any now) of that debt. Ours was fab too, and we've bought a cheap old caravan as well now for cheap weekends away.

Enjoy work! And don't be a stranger!
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    pandapaws wrote: »
    Lol, you had a think and thought otherwise of it obviously! I know exactly what you mean, my diary has been completely neglected for the past few months as well. I suppose that's one of the great things about this site though - you get such a warm welcome when you come back, even if you've been naughty.

Glad that you had a great holiday, you certainly deserved it after all getting rid of all (or most, if there's any now) of that debt. Ours was fab too, and we've bought a cheap old caravan as well now for cheap weekends away.

Enjoy work! And don't be a stranger!

No, not thought otherwise, just unbelievably busy! Work and Tom mangae to keep me completely occupied at all times!

I do need to get back on here though as our credit card balance is creeping up again :( It doesn't really help that Andrew hasn't had any work for the past two weeks :eek: He's back to filling in application forms so we're crossing our fingers that something will come up.

I really need to find time to get back into doing the little things that count, the daily clicks and dooyoo, that sort of thing. I'm mostly keeping up with surveys and have £110 Argos vouchers towards Christmas, plus I have £200 in a Christmas account and £200 on my Tesco clubcard Plus so we're alright there.

Both cars have just been taxed, insured and mine has been MOT'd (passed first time luckily - used Martin's tip of going to council run garage) so that's wiped out the car account but have another year now to save up.

DS got his GCSE results back (Year 10). He got Bs for English and PE and As and A*s for various science (biology, chemistry, physics and dual science) and maths modules (around 12 exams altogether) so we're really pleased with him. Here's hoping he keeps it up and gets the same grades next June! He's off to stay at York university for a taster session next week and we need to start looking at sixth forms for him as his school doesn't have one. It's exciting but scary at the same time - I'm sure it's not long since I was choosing a sixth form for me! He's hoping to train as a GP eventually but oh, my goodness - how many years of training?? We'll never be rich!

Anyway, off to do my daily clicks - every little helps!
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    Various money saving things today to report...
    • Won £5 on free scratchcards taking balance over £10 to cash out
    • Got over £10 on Consumer Pulse to get voucher
    • Made bread and butter pudding with stale-ish bread
    • Got Tesco shop and kept it below £50 for the week, including nappies
    • Did daily clicks
    Feeling very pleased with myself. If I can bring myself to do a dooyoo report as well I'll be very chuffed.
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hey- lastmessage on here a while ago!!!

Sea xxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income