🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Regaining the Focus and Getting Back on Track Diary

Options

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another vote for an extra "non work" day in the middle of the week.......!

Well done to DD for resisting chocolate - I am finding it very difficult.....some very kind person bought me a lindor chocolate egg and it is sitting in my living room looking at me with "come eat me" eyes :rolleyes:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,783 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I want chocolate!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • chocaholic110
    chocaholic110 Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    Options
    My £50 Dooyoo cheque came today. Woohoo - into the bed account it goes!

Also my boss asked me if I would tutor some of the Y6s after school. I said yes but was secretly not very happy as I don't have time to do the stuff I already have to do and another after school activity (I already run one class) will eat into the time I do have. Found out yesterday it pays £25 an hour! I was expecting it to be unpaid. I'm so pleased I'm rubbish at saying no!

Got some Tesco Deals through as well - tickets for Drayton Manor for all of us, two magazine subscriptions and £260 of Days Out vouchers. That's this summer sorted then!

Didn't think of Ikea. Will have to have a look. The Tesco one is out of stock again anyway - I think they must only get in one at a time!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on the tutoring :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And an excellent summer ahead of you!

I am saving my Tesco vouchers for meals out when we are at Centerparcs....and they are adding up nicely :D I am on £38 towards my next dooyoo cheque so getting there!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    It's a lovely day today. How sad am I that my first thought was "It's a lovely drying day today!"?

OH has interupted Tom from his morning wrecking spree and taken him out on his trike. He must be enjoying it as they've been gone a while! Since he got his new shoes he wants to be out all of the time and is forever trying to get out and harass, I mean, talk to the rabbit!

Lots to do today but all boring stuff, like cleaning, ironing and school work. Theres a lot coming up at school in the next few weeks and I'm feeling rather stressed with all I have to do.
  • ella_ella_ella
    Options
    Sounds like your full of busy at school, I dont think i can offer you any motivation but if you fancy a change for a couple of hours this week........

Ikea do those day bed beds which are really pretty, im sure they do white in them, although not sure of the price.

I bet Tom's walking and talking are coming on, Natasha is saying the most funny words like wee wee, upstairs, downstairs, good girl and bang (its what sausages do!)

£25 a hour is brilliant, wish I was on that :cool:
    :heart: I love my gorgeous little girl :heart:
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    I might pop down later in the week as long as you don't mention work. I'm feeling very under pressure which is ridiculous as I only work three days a week!

The babies (or toddlers I suppose now!) are at a lovely age aren't they? They seem to learn something new every day.

I did suggest a day bed to DD a while ago but that's not what she wants. She wants a high bed with a futon / sofa underneath so her friends can stay without having to bring a readybed.

£25 an hour is great - it's only one hour a week though and by the time tax, NI and pension comes off it probably won't be much. I did it tonight though and it wasn't exactly taxing and was within my normal working hours so can't really complain. Loads to do tonight and don't really know where to start which is why I'm mooching around on here.
  • beanielou
    Options
    If I can just say the life of a high bed is quite limited.
    I can only say that for us twas a big waste of money.
    My DS it has to be said is quite tall.

• chocaholic110
    Options
    Really dreading today. We have an inspector in my class, a staff meeting and I have a course straight after school and I don't know where I'm going for it! I hate driving when I don't know where I am. Oh, and I suppose there'll be some teaching somewhere among all that as well.

High point in the day (hopefully) - mams are invited to join their child for lunch for Mothers' Day so will be having a proper lunch today with DD rather than grabbing a banana from the fruit trolley.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport