🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Regaining the Focus and Getting Back on Track Diary

Options

Comments

• chocaholic110
    Options
    Hmmm... not sure about regaining the focus if I can't even find time to update the diary.

On the plus side in the past couple of weeks I have
    • meal planned and cooked from scratch every night (not like me at all, I hate cooking, but I'm hoping it will become a habit)
    • listed quite a few things on ebay (with loads more to do). Now I have it all to pack and post though *sigh*
    • Began to sort the clutter. The house now looks like a giant jumble sale as I have hauled loads of stuff out and haven't sorted very much of it yet...ooops!
    • Occasionally done daily clicks and regularly done surveys.
    • Set up the energy monitor we got from Eon so we can see where we're wasting money (hopefully)
    I am off work this week (although I do need to go in one day and get sorted for the next half term) so I hope to get more done if I can rope DS and DD in and get them to play with Tom while I work. Have listed more stuff on ebay today and last week's sales have finished making around £50.
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The problem with decluttering is that things always look worse before they look better :rolleyes: not fair!!!

Your list seems to be pretty good though - I can't see why you think you have not regained the focus.....seems fairly focused to me!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • dirtyepic
    dirtyepic Posts: 493 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thank goodness I saw your post!

I, too, am wanting to get back on track. I have wanted to for a couple of months now and I have recently been given the reason that I really should. I am to be made redundant in 4 weeks time.

I have built up a little debt (new laptop) but its totally manageable. I just wish I had kept up with the match betting and started with the clickthroughs. My ebay pile is getting bigger and moved from room to room (house is currently being renovated after disastrous episode with builder from hell suing me! Another story!!! Found on these boards somewhere!!)

My husband is the most lovely, understanding man - couldn't be without him.

I was off work with depression and stress brought on by bullying team leader and also the ongoing building saga, for three months earlier this year and fear this could jeopardise my employment search.

So, yeah, what I need is motivation and finding someone else who is struggling exactly the same way as me is a relief! I will kick you up the proverbial backside if you do to me in return!!!

Good luck with it all, we know its worth it and we know we will feel so much better if we just get cracking!!! That sense of achievement is so hard to beat!

So please continue your diary, I will be following it and wishing you tons of luck!!

Dirtyepic
    DEBT FREE SINCE SEPTEMBER 2015 :beer::beer::beer:
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    Thanks Hypno

Hi dirtyepic - ooh, I can identify with a lot of what you're saying. Got my best bum-kicking shoes on and having someone else in the same situation is always a great motivator for me. Feel free to keep posting...or do you have your own diary? Off to take a look.

BTW wanted to post latest pictures of Tom. He got two top teeth through without the middle ones coming making them look like fangs - couldn't resist this outfit

Ourlocalarea004.jpg

Ourlocalarea017.jpg
  • lunar
    lunar Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    love the pics, tom is so cute. i cant believe how fast they grow up. Glad you started the new diary, you should have seen how many takeaways we had when i drifted from posting for a while!

Did you get the pics i sent? hope you liked them
    DFW NERD NO.656 DEBT FREE 24TH NOVEMBER 2010 TOTAL DEBT AUGUST 2007 £39000
    MFiT T2 NO.56 WE OWN [STRIKE]25%[/STRIKE] 31.5% OF OUR HOUSE SO FAR!
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    lunar wrote: »
    love the pics, tom is so cute. i cant believe how fast they grow up. Glad you started the new diary, you should have seen how many takeaways we had when i drifted from posting for a while!

Did you get the pics i sent? hope you liked them

Noooo! I didn't get them. When did you send them?
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see you about Choc..you're little one is so cute.You are getting plenty of things done and as you are on your own during the week with 3 kids one being very small and working you are doing brilliant.
    Lunar congrats to you as well as I see by your sig you've just had a littlie x
  • ella_ella_ella
    Options
    Loving the outfit!! He looks so much older, and i only saw him last week.

I personally think you are doing brilliantly in regaining the focus especially given everything else you have to do all week, i dont have the time to turn around never mind do half of the things you have done these last few weeks and im at home all day with only one baby.
    :heart: I love my gorgeous little girl :heart:
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    Loving the outfit!! He looks so much older, and i only saw him last week.

I personally think you are doing brilliantly in regaining the focus especially given everything else you have to do all week, i dont have the time to turn around never mind do half of the things you have done these last few weeks and im at home all day with only one baby.

But at least your house doesnt look like someone has tipped a giant bucket of miscellaneous bric-a-brac all over it!!!
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi chocoholic
    happy new diary. I think there comes a point (having done major decluttering recently) when you have to say 'I need to get decluttered more than I need the money'. I had this and ended up taking 12 bags of clothes to the local charity shop because I just could not make enough time in the day to ebay it, or car boot it...

Maybe you haven't reached this point yet but it is something to think about
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport