Kaupthing Edge CHAPS Transfer

Options

Comments

• behelzebub
    Options
    Im still waiting for £270k CHAPS transfer from yesterday

From BBC ..

Savers with money held by KSF, that is not related to the Edge internet bank, will be able to get their money back by claiming from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). However they will be repaid in full, not just to the current £50,000 compensation limit.

"The FSCS working with the administrator of KSF will endeavour to contact these individuals and make payments to them within two weeks," said the Treasury.

The Treasury confirmed that customers of both the Heritable and Kaupthing Edge should be able to operate their accounts again shortly.
  • Trulyscrumptious
    Options
    I transferred around £35k to linked Smile bank account around 2pm yesterday using and paying for CHAPS transfer, as did my husband.

Nothing yet appeared in the linked account - but I feel it's likely that the CHAPS system can only cope with so much at a time and with what would be an unusually high demand it slows down - what other system in the UK could cope I thought! (Trying to find some humour amidst this awful time).

THANK YOU to others who've posted their similar circumstances and their feedback of actually getting through to KE - keep logging onto bank account - not so bad now - but feel I will feel really awful if it's not there by end of today (is that midnight?). Thanks to Martin & Team for all the updated info too.
  • Neonoptic
    Neonoptic Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I did a CHAPS transfer for 5k about 11pm last night, I have the same as everyone else... the CHAPS transfer was confirmed but my account remains unchanged with the full balance still showing.
  • behelzebub
    Options
    "... with the full balance still showing"

Thats interesting because my balance has deducted the CHAPS payment (which i havnt received yet)
  • sebtomato
    sebtomato Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I have tried twice, yesterday evening and this morning. My balance on KE has not changed each time, so it looks to me that CHAPS does not work at all.

Looks to me that they are doing the same as Icesave, but instead of displaying a message on the homepage of the site, they have just disabled withdrawals.
  • Ivinda
    Ivinda Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Behelzebub, I'm totally in the same boat as you - it deducted my money happily enough yesterday afternoon and this morning, but no sign in my linked account. All very confusing... I hope there will be some guidance soon.
  • Chippy99
    Chippy99 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    sebtomato wrote: »
    Looks to me that they are doing the same as Icesave, but instead of displaying a message on the homepage of the site, they have just disabled withdrawals.

Interesting speculation (although in their defence, I did get a confirmation screen with a transaction reference number, which would tend to indicate it is still functioning.)

The other possibility is that the queue of transactions to process is massively longer than it was even as recently as yesterday and that it might take some time for our withdrawal requests to be actioned.

I have to say with the ING takeover, I am much less worried now about losing my money in KE. I am more worried about it disappearing altogether somewhere inbetween KE and Lloyds - i.e. where I am trying to send it. God *knows* how much hassle (/ pain?) that would be in the circumstances??!??!
  • behelzebub
    Options
    From the Financial Ombudsman Website ..

Although the CHAPS payment itself is made electronically, the sending
    bank has to make various clerical checks first – typically to check signatures/payment
    authorities, as well as to ensure customers have enough money in their accounts to make the payments.
  • formulaonefan
    Options
    Updated List (16:23):

I'm putting together a list of ppl in this forum

Who did a BACS/CHAPS transfer and money is out of KE and still not showing in Current Account:

Me
    Locoblade
    Pyewacket338
    doctorscooby
    tellustuff
    Briskly
    oldagetraveller
    Foggy
    pixiep
    Chippy99
    Ivinda
    Behelzebub