We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: Unlocking mobiles (untested)

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,148 Community Admin
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ???Please Help I need some kind person to tell me how to unlock a nec606 currently on 3sss network.

Is it possible at all ???
  • kellamne
    kellamne Posts: 14 Forumite
    wow - didn't expect this subject subject to generate so much interest and expand this much

may be an idea to create a summary section of all the feedback?? just a suggestion.

anyway, saw the link above for the dct3 phone - which needs a network connection to work. May just be me, but i had trouble with usiong this without temporarily disabling my firewall (norton). Not an ideal situation so i went looking for alternatives.

found the following from same source as the first calculator link i posted all those moons ago

http://uniquesw.com/dl?14

which i think can be used offline but as with the first post i already unlocked the phone i needed doing at the time so i have not tested it - but it is supposed to be quite good.
  • System
    :-/ erm, where's the link to this???? Can't see it anywhere on my old PC!
  • System
    My son upgraded his mobile phone and gave me his old one - a Nokia 8310. It was on a monthly rental contract with O2. After checking the moneysaving's best-value PAYG mobile thread, I ordered a Tesco SimCard, put it in....and it worked!

Tesco 'piggyback' off 2's network and no unlocking is required.
  • scattycat_3
    scattycat_3 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Most O2 phones are not locked.  ::) :)

Not many people know that. ;)

Just try a different telcos sim in your O2 phone to find out. As Chris did.:D
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • System
    I have been through all the threads on this subject and although a couple of people have asked about unlocking a Siemens A55/A60, I am still none the wiser!

Is there an unlock code for these phones, or is some other methos needed??

thanks
  • System
    Cant find anything on the threads about unlocking a Motorola T191e on orange.

Any info greatly recieved!

thanks
  • roryis
    roryis Posts: 33 Forumite
    Re: Does anyone know how to unlock a Sagem MYX-6?

and I've got a Sagem myX-2!

Linda

myX-2 can only be done via a cable and a log (a log is basically access to a server to get an unlock code and will cost you) so you might want to try a local phone shop to see if they can do it for you

MYX-6 similar story need some one with the equipment to do it

@ JohnH ~ do you get a data cable with the phone? if so use that and some software (just search google ;) )

@ Rob S ~ you will have to ring the network and explain to them

@ boad ~ if you need help email/pm me and ill give you a code.

@ Claire Russell ~ same again pm/mail me with imei ( *#06# ) and network on and ill give you the code

@ William ~ 2 ways via a cable and log (see above) or buy various bits of equipment i.e. div best bet and possible cheapest would be try and find
    a local phone shop

@ lenny9 ~ you only have 5 goes, make sure your entering the correct imei and picking he network its locked to

@ BargainHunter ~ sim out, code will only work with older version of the a800, read the reply i said to johnh

@ julia mitchell ~ need to be done via data cable and software (or professional equipment)

no doubt i missed ones, as i got lost half way through lol
  • System
    Where can i get my Orange Siemens A55 unlocked?
  • System
    **** WARNING, DO NOT DO THIS, JUST READ IT !! ****

It isn't worth unlocking a Siemens A60 at the moment, because this is what you have to do. :o

1. Use eDonkey's Pear-to-Pear (P2P) file search program.
    Search for the following files:-

C60 a60 est
    A60 C60 Logger700

And download them.

2. Purchase a Siemens A60 unlock cable from ebay (about 7 to 10 quid).

3. ** THE BAD BITS FOLLOW ** - Open up your phone (remove the battery, SIM card, front and rear covers).

4. Remove the silver metal housing thats around the phone. The screws are star-shapped, but are MUCH smaller than usual, so finding a screwdriver to fit, won't be easy. ???

5. Remove the silver shielding cover, thats over the circuitry (just pushes off).

6. ** THE REALLY, REALLY BAD BIT ** - The file you downloaded called C60_A60_est, is a JPG picture. This shows you what TRACK to cut on you phone (sense wire) . This track is the thickness of a piece of a flake of dust, but WORSE, it's not on the top layer. It's under the second layer, which you CANNOT SEE. KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING? Then cut in the location shown of the picture, to the estimated depth. You'll need hands that are steadier than a surgeons and an incredibly sharp craft knife. :-/

7. Rebuild you phone.

8. Connect the cable.

9. Run the software - A60 C60 Logger700

10. Unlock your phone.

11. If you need to ask how to setup the software, then there is no way that you could have got this far, WITHOUT KILLING YOUR PHONE. :'(

As you can see, it's not worth it.

If you're like me, you'll wait until someone makes a program, that only requires a cable, with no dismantling of the phone, which seems to occur every 6 months or so after a phone becomes popular, for Siemens phones. And I repair electronic items for a living ;)

Sorry for the long post, but people keep asking!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.