mumzyof2 wrote: »
Im wondering if anyone has a cheap Lasagne recipe?
2 gloves of garlic
400g Mince meat (I only use 200g and bulk out with lentils and oats and extra veg)
1 small piece celeriac (I usually use turnip or 1/4 swede)
2 tbsp tomato puree
blob of red wine (I only put it in, if I have a bottle open, which is seldom)
2 tin tomatoes
oregano(about 1tsp), basil (about 1 tsp), salt, pepper, Cayennepepper
White sauce ingredients
500ml mixture of milk and cream
salt, pepper, lemon juice, worcestersauce and 50g parmesan (cheddar does the job too)
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and crush the garlic and add to oil.
Add mince meat and cook until browned. Add the chopped onion, carrot and celeriac and fry for a short while longer.
Add the tomatoe puree and the red wine (if using)
Cook for 8-10min
2. Add the tin tomatoes and season with herbs, salt and pepper. Cook for another 10-15 min.
3. For the white sauce, melt the butter in the pan and add the flour. Next add the milk/ cream mixture and and cook for 6-8 min until thickend. Add salt, pepper and some lemon juice and worcester sauce (to taste) and cheese.
4. Oil a lasagne form, put lasagne sheets, mixture and white sauce in layers and top with cheese (and tomatoes...)
Cook in the oven for about 10-15 min at 180-200 degree,Also does anyone have a recipe for Carrot soup? Can i do this is the slow cooker? If so, How?
Carrot and cheddar soup
1 small onion
500g carrots chopped
1 medium potatoe chopped
1.2l veg or chicken stock
100g cheddar grated
1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat and tip in onions, carrots and potatoes. Fry gently for about 10 min, stir occasionally.
2. Pour in stock and bring to boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer for 20 min.
3. Puree the mixture with a blender/ food processor. Then add the cheese and whizz again. Return the soup to the pan and pour in the milk. Reheat gently and season to taste.
Serve with buttered toasted soldiers.
mumzyof2 wrote: »
Im wondering if anyone has a cheap Lasagne recipe? I know how to make it but i have forgotten some things :rolleyes: Also my friend makes Lasagne with salami instead of mince and lots of veg like peppers and courgettes and its really tasty. But dont have any salami in and don't know how to make it Also does anyone have a recipe for Carrot soup? Can i do this is the slow cooker? If so, How?
Here’s how to extend them
They’re normally £10
Have any suggestions for this Forumite?