What food can I take on a plane??

Options

Comments

• fruity1_2
    Options
    It's flippant attitudes like this that cause the tight restrictions imposed on travellers. People think that they can flaunt the rules and what happens........... more bl**dy restrictions. I don't know what you do Phatbear but baggage handling springs to mind, check in at a stretch, flight attendant :rotfl: pilot :eek: As you don't seem to know that drinking your own achohol on a flight is an offence - definton, displease, wrong, crime, insult :confused: I'm not!
  • fruity1_2
    Options
    thanks for that, i didn't think that i'd imagined my packed lunch.

Oh, but you managed to forget about the 12 minatures you took on the flight and drank eh!!
  • Saint_Chris
    Options
    Oh, but you managed to forget about the 12 minatures you took on the flight and drank eh!!

erh no i didn't forget, i mentioned them in my 1st post.

and those 12 minatures were between 6 girls.

all wrapped in clingflim and put in a pastic bag to get through security.

i did nothing different to the person next to me on the flight who, bought a bottle of brandy from duty free and put it in there coffee, that they bought.

jeepers you will be telling me soon it's an offence to start a sentence with a small letter.

I think that we all know who is responsible for us not being allowed to take liquids over 100ml through security.
  • fruity1_2
    Options
    :rotfl:
    Right so this is my offence.

right i know it is an offence to drink my own booze on the plane, but i'm a sensible drinker, and over the 4 hour flight i drank 2 minatures, well diluted with diet coke.

I used my own plastic glass, and as i'd taken my minatures with me, i knew how much i was drinking.

Now first choices offence.

Your only allowed to bring back 200 cigs from turkey, that is the rule.

But the airhostess was more than happy to take £28 off me for a 400 pack of l&b, infact i asked for 200 at a cost of £19 until, the airhostess pointed out that i could buy 200 more for an extra £9.

And she had to point that out!!

You take you own achohol to consume on the flight then have the brass neck to say that First Choice tried to sell you extra cigs :rotfl:

To buy or not to buy, that is the question. Again, you take your chance. Personally I'd buy them in the resort and pack them in my suitcase ;) Buy them at the airport or on the plane and they know what you have purchased when you go through customs as you have had to use your boarding card AND you are carrying them, big give away :confused: I've been to Turkey three times and brought back more than 200 each time, also from New York, the same from Lanzarote and loads more from Malaga loads of times.
  • Saint_Chris
    Options
    I've been to Turkey three times and brought back more than 200 each time

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

and you have the brass neck to have a pop at me for drinking 2 minatures of my own on a plane.
  • fruity1_2
    Options
    not true, on the 12th sept i took to turkey, made in my kitchen,

4 ham salad barm cakes, 4 pies, 4 sausage rolls, 4 packets of crisp, packet of cashew nuts, 12 minature vodkas, 4 plastic cups,

all in one carrier bag, none were taken of us, and security laughed at my minatures all clingfilmed

22nd sept first choice flight back from turkey to manchester.

4 cheese sandwiches, crisp, large bottles of water and pop, again minatures.

And all with no problem

So there were six of you eh, so who went hungry and shared a cup :rotfl: You didn't mention the plastic bag (just the clingfilm). Starting a conversation with a 'small letter' :rotfl: had that last night thanks :rotfl:
  • Saint_Chris
    Options
    2 don't like eating and drinking on planes

so they had there minatures in the departure lounge, in a tonic bought from the bar, whilst the other 4 of us, had pints, bought in departures :beer:
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I understand that it is a criminal offence to consume your own alcohol on an aeroplane: you are only allowed to drink alcohol that has been served by the airline. And this applies on airlines that serve free drinks.

One experience (back in 2001): I flew with KLM Norwich - Amsterdam - Accra (Ghana). On the first leg I saved a bottle of the sparkling wine that they served, and drank it on the second leg. The stewardess found the empty bottle, and recognised that it was not something served on that route. She sternly told me off, although I explained that it was indeed a drink that the airline had served to me.
  • I know for sure on an american based airline it is illegal but i am fairly sure it is all...I may be wrong but I am sure on aer lingus recently they said the same thing during the safety announcements that it is an offence to tamper with the smoke alarm in the loo etc and it is illegal to drink your own alcohol on the plane.

I think it is in part to keep people safer and so the crew can know who is drinking what etc.
  • or sorry more correctly it is worded illegal to consume drink not served by an attendent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure