Satellite Navigation (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Mark_Saver
    Options
    There was a thread on this a while back I think, anything using navteq maps was meant to be good in NI e.g. garmin. There is meant to be a new version (v9) of the maps coming out very soon that has all of Northern Ireland on it. Not sure if you buy a garmin now with the current maps (v8) if you can update to the newer maps for free - anyone know?
  • edtheduck_2
    Options
    yes i have a garmin nuvi 300 - its brill
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    Surely its not possible to get lost in NI? a blind man on a gallopin horse could find his way around...
  • travelling_light
    Options
    sometimes i hear the clip clop of hooves when my dh is driving the car ... must get his eyesight checked!!!!
  • pennypuppy
    Options
    We are about to buy one in N. Ireland too, been told as well that TOM TOM good for England but not for here. I wanted one you could use well in both. Is garmin ok in England? Anyone know about using it in France etc? OP remember to factor in the necessary extras (cradle, case etc)
  • startrekker
    Options
    Surely its not possible to get lost in NI? a blind man on a gallopin horse could find his way around...

I did, me being stupid I used my tom tom when visiting last Christmas, the mapping was useless, and although I knew where I was going I decided to use the sat nav and got completely lost on my way to Ballycastle because I listened to the daft bat giving me directiions.:rotfl:
    By the way I am from Norn Irn so I should have just gone the way I knew
    :confused:I have nothing better to do!!!!:confused:
  • pob
    pob Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Just look for a Garmin that has the Europe DVD with it - like this one
    C510D at Halfords £199

I have this unit, and it knows all the backroads ;) V9 of the maps is out and you should qualify for a free upgrade from V8

ignore anything with traffic alerts if you're using it in NI - coverage is generally mainland UK only
    I used to promote my band here...
  • Mark_Saver
    Options
    Just got the garmin nuvi 300. (£180 from amazon - maybe less now with just uk and ireland maps - i'm from Norn iron - don't go further than that!) it is sooo small and easily fits into a shirt pocket. Just timed it and it only took 15 seconds to find its position from turning it on. Don't even need to stick on the window sucker thing, it works perfectly in a wee storage pocket infront of the gear stick. Havn't had a chance to check the route planning but I am well pleased so far.
  • sam_jm
    sam_jm Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    been looking around and quite afew people have recommended signing up to pocketgpsworld, anyone have any experience of this?is it worth the £19
    Mo Money Mo Problems
  • navig8r
    navig8r Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    If you have SatNav its a must in my opinion.

edit : If you want the occasional SC update its just £2 per month and most of the forums are still available all the time.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport