Great 'Top Comping Tip' Hunt

Options

Comments

• shjo558
    shjo558 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have my name, address, age, email and mobile number typed out in a word document and I just copy and paste this for email comps. Saves having to type my details out 100's times every week!

If you press ctrl+c on your keyboard and ctrl+v to paste you can get really quick at it.
  • cistolic
    cistolic Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    Options
    I often enter comps for prizes I dont want, like foreign holidays but the 2nd third prizes with often loads of smaller wins are what I'd like to win, Camcorder, digicam Ipod, etc. If I ever get the big one I will ask for the runners up to swap, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.
  • calash
    calash Posts: 3,566 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I have been entering competitions for about 2-3 years now, my first win was a night stay up in London in a really posh hotel, so that got me hooked, I enter about 100 a day, you cannot think of this as a job, I hear some people talking on the radio etc about people entering competitions for a living, there is no way that you could live on the profits (especially not with the price or food/electric/gas/petrol etc). To me its a hobby and I feel that is nice to get someone in the post now and again except blooming bills!!!! I use autofill for the comps this does save alot of time.

I have won a nice range of things, ipod, trip to canterbury for 2 nights (kids loved it!!) ipod stereo, toys, games, tickets etc, which are all a bonus...

I would also like to add that I have used different sites in the past, but will be staying here as people of the forums are all so friendly and nice!!!:beer:
  • jill36_2
    Options
    free google toolbar to autofill. Can someone tell me what this is and how to use it please.
    I use roboform at the moment, is this better?:confused:
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Options
    jill36 wrote: »
    free google toolbar to autofill. Can someone tell me what this is and how to use it please.
    I use roboform at the moment, is this better?:confused:

I prefer Roboform for sure...
    :cool:
  • calash
    calash Posts: 3,566 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    what's the difference, don't they both do the same thing?
  • HeyBigSpender
    Options
    Google bar autofill tends to crash my computer for some reason. Roboform works great for me.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hilarious wrote: »
    The following might be considered conjecture but do read and take notice:
    • Get yourself on the electoral register. This is used by some companies to prove that you are really a resident at the given address and of this wonderful nation.
    • I suspect that even a credit score might be done sometimes for vetting purposes.
    • Be Ever Optimistic. This hobby is not for Whiners. :j
    • Make sure you are a good person i.e. A bad history can catch up with you when vetting is done. When Googled what does your name come up with. Even your distinct Username Try it and you might be surprised. (I won £50K last year and when I went for the presentation the Director told me he was impressed with some of the things I had done which he had seen through google). A lil investigation b4 I was called that I had won.
    Some of you might think that 'Independent Adjudication' and the 'first person drawn is contacted' as stated in most terms and conditions make my statements void and at best illegal for companies to do so but we are human and companies dont want to throw their monies at 'nutters' or criminals.
    • Life is a probability game and competitions are a subset of that phenomenon. Out of millions of sperm cells just one fertilised and made you. 1 in 14 million to win the UK lottery jackpot. Get my drift. 7 billion people and how many billionaires? Premium Bond Winners tend to have the maximum £30,000 holding etc. Enter a lot to win at best a few.
    Chance draws are just down to luck so feel lucky and you might just WIN.
    wow!!!!!! 50k!!!!!!!! what did u win that on??!?!?!? if u dont mind me asking! xxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • hilarious
    Options
    Have PM'd the weblink to Toniq (Whom I trust to be confidential) but wouldnt want anyone else asking as it reveals my name and location and I want to keep that private.:o
    Cheers you all.
    Happy Comping.;)
  • neilkw_2
    Options
    Where's the best source for these elusive comps?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure