Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Options

Comments

• deadrobot
    deadrobot Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    I just used this site and the site is easy to use but then 2 lots of envelopes turned up all stating different things! Which was a bit of a muddle but we got there in the end!
    Also my quoted price was £79 and the cheque came in 2 weeks after sending and I got £107! Clearly they took one look at my CD collection and thought 'wow she must be desperate if she's selling her Limp Bizkit CD's' and gave me more money. Don't worry tho, they were duplicates, I would never sell my Limp Bizkit CD's ;)

I would recommend :D
  • DelBoyPhil
    Options
    DO NOT USE www.gamemagpie.co.uk FOR DVDS AND GAMES. they offered me £30 for mine about 30 and i tool them to blockbuster and got £120 store credit!!!!!
  • jumbojuice
    Options
    DelBoyPhil wrote: »
    DO NOT USE www.gamemagpie.co.uk FOR DVDS AND GAMES. they offered me £30 for mine about 30 and i tool them to blockbuster and got £120 store credit!!!!!

Just £30??! how many games was it? ive always said that whilst the music site is great, the prices on the games leave a lot to be desired - you should try some of the others mentioned on this thread..
  • DelBoyPhil
    Options
    a couple of wii games mostly dvds.. they offered 15p for some films bb gave me £1 each!
  • teddyco
    teddyco Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just took a look at MusicMagpie, and I think folks would do much better if they took three CD's or DVD's at a time and sold them on Ebay. It only takes a few minutes to snap a digital picture of the the three CD's and then a quick description.

Folks would be more interested in three CD's or DVD's as opposed to one or two and I would imagine that you it would a lot more profitable than just 'giving' your stuff away to someone else who will make money on it.

I just checked what MusicMagpie would give me for the DVD of 'The Constant Gardener'? They offered me .30p.........wow, what am I going to do with all that cash!?

I would do better recycling the plastic case and using the DVD disk as a tea coaster.
  • tigerlily
    tigerlily Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    I went on musicmagpie earlier and was offered under 30p for each thing I entered. Just out of interest I put in my collectors 2 disc edition of Batman; The dark knight.........and it offered me........wait for it........15p!!! Needless to say I am giving musicmagpie a miss!!
    Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!
    :jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!
  • nuttyduck76
    Options
    Finally remembered another place you can use. https://www.filmvault.co.uk You just type in the titles you wish to get rid of them and then you e-mail you back with a price. I have used them in the past and the service was very good. They take everything, CDs, DVDs, games etc. Hope this may be of use to you.
  • Jordii
    Jordii Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    Music Magpie is only good for buying second hand CDs. They are all tested and prices are usually £1.99 for albums. Free 1st Class delivery too! :beer: If your selling CDs best place is Amazon Marketplace, or cex.
    :o Young moneysaver in the making
    A penny saved, is a penny earned :D
  • go4it
    go4it Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Tried these guys - offered 25p for my CDs and around 49p for DVDs.

The company - Entertainment Magpie Ltd - have just sold me something on Amazon. Seems like the idea is to buy dirt cheap off Joe Public and then sell on Amazon and other outlets, back to Joe Public.

Some people may want the quick cash but you can get more for your CDs and DVDs. I'm just going to list them straight on Amazon.
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    Hi there

Anyone know of a similair thing for vinyl inc old 78's

Shaz
    Shaz
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts